Tow Vehicle Tires

bigdob24

I hope this is the right spot to ask about TV tires.
My 2014 F 350 DRW has 24K miles
I never rotated tires because the rims don't interchange . Now the outside rear wheel is showing considerable wear compared to the rest .
Im going to take the two front tires and replace the outside rears and put new tires on the front .
Any suggestions on a good tire that may wear better than the factory originals.
Another 5-10 K and the rears will have to be replaced also.
Thanks
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

MagnoliaTom

Re: Tow Vehical Tires

I've always had good luck with Michelin tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlw930

I've had good luck with Michelin MS/2's. They were OEM's on my '11 Silverado and got 70,000+ miles on them, so I replaced them earlier this year with the same. Got them at Discount Tires them with $130 in rebates.

jnbhobe

I use a lot of Firestone Trans Force HT's. The price is good and they last longer than anything else at a reasonable price.

Dean-Pam

I went with Michelin. Bought them at BJ Warehouse Club, price included road hazard and life time balancing/rotation. If you watch the specials, they offer $40 to $70 dollars off regularly.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our 2004 GMC has Firestone TransForce HT originally, replaced with those, then when needing tires again in just 2 years, went with Michelin M/S2s.

Just put the same Michelins on our new to us 2013 GMC.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My 2015 Chevy 2500HD came with the Firestone Transforce HT tires, and so far I like them and even considered them when looking for new tires for our previous Heartland TT.

However, at 13 months and just turned 24,000 miles on the truck yesterday (mostly highway miles), they are starting to look worn (not in a bad way, just the tread is getting shallow).

I have a feeling I'll be replacing them this winter . . .

Aandaar

Hello Everyone

We are new to the forums and to towing a fifth wheel. Our truck is a 2014 RAM 3500 Longhorn Long bed it is a SRW. It came with the Firestone Trans forces. I see that some people are satisfied with these tires. The question I have is since I am only a SRW is their a better tire out their for my application?

Chuck

MTPockets

I hope this is the right spot to ask about TV tires.
My 2014 F 350 DRW has 24K miles
I never rotated tires because the rims don't interchange . Now the outside rear wheel is showing considerable wear compared to the rest .
Im going to take the two front tires and replace the outside rears and put new tires on the front .
Any suggestions on a good tire that may wear better than the factory originals.
Another 5-10 K and the rears will have to be replaced also.
Thanks
Dan
Tire wear is the result of several varying conditions; air pressure, payload, tow miles, alignment, etc... Our OEM tires (Goodrich) on 2013 F350 DRW, did a pretty good job. I never rotated the rear tires and all four wore evenly. I replaced with same tires at about 40,000 miles Mainly because of right front outside tread excess wear. Towing miles at that point was 16,000 miles. Rear tread was probably good for another 10,000 miles. I had front end alignment and now swap side to side only front tires every 4 - 5,000 miles and now get even wear. I always keep front PSI at 75 and rear at 65 which is the factory recommended pressure for DRW.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hello Everyone

We are new to the forums and to towing a fifth wheel. Our truck is a 2014 RAM 3500 Longhorn Long bed it is a SRW. It came with the Firestone Trans forces. I see that some people are satisfied with these tires. The question I have is since I am only a SRW is their a better tire out their for my application?

Chuck

I really like the Firestone Transforce HT's . . . but at 26,000 miles in 14 months I don't think they have enough tread left on them for the winter snow we get here in Colorado, so I'll probably be getting something else for the truck in the near future.

I still might consider the Transforce tires on the trailer next time I need to replace those . . .