Air Filters

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I just ran across an independent test of OEM and after market air filters post on another forum. I thought I would post the link because it was very informative on the claims of various filter manufacturers. The testing was done on a Duramax but the brands used are what most of us are buying at the parts stores and folks that have changed to after market systems. www.duramax-diesel.com/spicer/index.htm I was surprised in some of the findings and thought it might be of interest....Ken

Delaine and Lindy

Excellent report, just goes to show you what a person has to do to save money and your equipment. I use what ever filters come with my Trucks, Cars, and Tractors. It also shows you there are a lot of Snake Oil salesman still after your money. Thanks.. GBY....

ChopperBill

Another test that confirms what I have been saying for years. The K&N is better suited for a garbage can than it is for an engine.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I saw that report when I was researching performance improvements. I did the Kennedy Diesel modification to my air box and use a Delco filter. I also did the 4" MBRP exhaust. I can't tell if the airbox mod helped any but the exhaust work seems to make a difference both in mpg and performance. Our average while returning from Texas was 11.7 and hwy not towing averages 20.5. Not bad for a BART.