ATF: Landmark - solar panel installation, landmark

olecoot

keeping this simple and to the point question for the factory:
Desire to mount 4 each solar panels to the roof without voiding warranty.

Each panel weights 25.5 lbs. plan on using engineered brackets at or near the panels corners with #8 by 1 inch screws, Dicor as a sealant. Is this possible? If not, is there another method you would recommend?

Thanks,

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Olecoot, I moved your thread to the solar forum.
Since the factory does not install solar you will get more useful information here from members that have.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Get the stick down type. 4 maybe over kill. All you do is clean the roof well, roll them out and stick down to the roof. Hook them together and run 2 wires (B+ and ground) down along a front vent stack to inside the front closet. Install the inverter in the closet and run the wires to the batteries. Send a PM to "wino2" as we just installed the kit in his Landmark. Was quick and simple.

bdb2047

I did did the same as you are saying. Marked location for brackets drilled pilot holes,put dicor down set brackets in the dicor 2 screws for each bracket,seams to be working .Can't comment on warranty.

Oregon_Camper

So how many watts total does the system provide? How many batteries are you charging? Any details on materials is appreciated. I've been considering solar for some time but have serious reservations about punching holes through the roof.

That all depends on how you wire them. The panel provide 136w (24 volts) each, but output depends on if you wire in parallel or series. I have the power routed to a Renogy MPPT controller....that charges 2 Trojan T-1275 batteries.

On our 21 day trip this summer, we hit 100% charge everyday. LOVE this setup.
[h=1][/h]

dave10a

Heartland roof design is not conducive to add solid solar panels. Flexible panels are the best way to go for these roofs.

TheWolfes

Do you use the flexible solar panels on your rig? If so, how long have you had them installed? Additionally, what brand would you recommend? And are the roofs pre-wired?
Heartland roof design is not conducive to add solid solar panels. Flexible panels are the best way to go for these roofs.

dave10a

Do you use the flexible solar panels on your rig? If so, how long have you had them installed? Additionally, what brand would you recommend? And are the roofs pre-wired?
I have 200 watt solid panels. I contacted Heartland had them send me information on how the roof is designed. After reviewing that information, I installed Unistrut to mount the panels on. The rafter are 48inches apart and the roof is 1/8th inch luan with foam which will not be a good for well nuts as some have used. Flex panels glue on the rubber. Keep in mind that winds can reach hurricane force while traveling.