Washer/ Dryer Vent Installation (Big Country)

Can the factory, or anyone else, tell me precisely where to cut the hole for the dryer vent on the Big Country 3596RE. I have looked with my stud finder and am still uncomfortable with cutting a hole. Is there any need to wory about wiring or plumbing. Thank you in advance

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
ATF: Big Country - Washer/ Dryer Vent Installation

Highly unlikely there is electrical or plumbing on the side wall where the dryer goes. Determine the height up the wall where you want the vent to go out. Measure and remeasure to make sure there are no obstacles nearby on the outside. Carefully drill a series of 1" deep pilot holes in the area you plan to put the vent. Go side to side until you have a line of pilot holes 4" wide that didn't hit a stud. The center of that line will be the center point for your vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: Big Country - Washer/ Dryer Vent Installation

To expand on what Gus said, be sure to drill your pilot holes from the inside.

Peace
Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

To expand on what Gus said, be sure to drill your pilot holes from the inside.

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave! I should have clarified that point. After you know the center point, you can use a longer bit to drill thru the center point from the inside thru to the outside. Then go outside and using a 4" hole saw IN REVERSE score the hole for the vent. This will prevent the fiberglass from cracking. Once you have the fiberglass scored about 1/8th inch deep, you can put the saw in forward to finish drilling out the hole for the vent.

Thank you all for the advice. Will try it this weekend.

Thanks Dave! I should have clarified that point. After you know the center point, you can use a longer bit to drill thru the center point from the inside thru to the outside. Then go outside and using a 4" hole saw IN REVERSE score the hole for the vent. This will prevent the fiberglass from cracking. Once you have the fiberglass scored about 1/8th inch deep, you can put the saw in forward to finish drilling out the hole for the vent.