Water Pressure

geeksrus

What is the safe water pressure for our 2008 3600RL? I currently have our Watts pressure regulator set at 52psi and we are finding that the flow is low especially at the kitchen sink. BTW: the water is flowing thru a filter system.

Thanks EH!:)

geeksrus

What is the safe water pressure for our 2008 3600RL? I currently have our Watts pressure regulator set at 52psi and we are finding that the flow is low especially at the kitchen sink. BTW: the water is flowing thru a filter system.

Thanks EH!:)

Still waiting to hear about this!

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Hi Geek
Don't know about what water pressure. Our pressure is low at the kitchen sink too. I have a household pressure valve installed in the unit, so I don't have to use the pressure and flow reducing valve at the tap on the post. When I installed the pressure regulator I thought that the flow would improve, but it did not.
Rand

ChopperBill

I don't have a filter but I am guessing that it is letting in all the water it can. Try bypassing it to see how it goes.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I also have a Watts 263A with gauge regulator for more thru put, I have a house water filter from Home Depot. Water pressure is set at 55psi. The faucet in the kitchen has a low water flow. This is most likely due to one of our governments requirements to have restrictors for water saving feature. I tried to look at it and remove the restrictor but it only messed up the flow. I might try to work on it later but everything else works pretty good.

I would like to know how to remove the restrictors also. Many campgrounds have a water pressure of 40psi or lower. A real PITA when wanting to take a shower or do dishes.

retroxrider

A house system can safely handle 70 - 80 psi, but that's the limit. I would assume that the fixtures in the trailer can handle the same. I know that the Pex tubing will easily handle those pressures. I would put a gauge before and after your water filter and see what the pressures are. If your flow is low, it may be a restriction somewhere. Remember water pressure and water flow are two different things.

SmokeyBare

GeeksRus,

I'm sure the RV can handle about any "Normal" public water systems pressure.

We full time in our 3400 RL and have never had a problem. I have a water pressure reducer with a pressure gauge but I don't always use it. Most times I open the Campgrounds water valve and made a judgment from the flow coming out of the valve.

What pressure are you faced with ??

There are always a slight chance of having a leak from time to time. We do bounce down the roads so these pipes can vibrate as we move from location to location.

regan

Regan
Is the pressure only low at kitchen sink, if so we had the same problem. It turned out to be a small piece of debris in the faucet itself. Not in the strainer, but actually in the faucet, the faucet had to be taken out and debris found. It was very difficult because when we used the water pump pressure was pretty good, because the more pressure the more it pressed the debris and slowed flow. After the dealer figured it out it worked fine.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We had the same problem and only the kitchen faucet was weak. Dealer replaced the faucet assemble and now it works as designed. Bob:D:D:eek:

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
FYI: The Heartland manual that came with my Cyclone states: "Make sure water pressure never exceeds 60 psi."

I use one of the brass screw on regulators from Wally World and my gauge usually stays @ 50-52 psi. Water flow is fine. first hooked up with a blue plastic regulator supplied by the CG I was at, pressure was @ 40 - faucets, shower and toilets barely flowed.