No Fireplace in Road Warrior 420, any ideas

kjm1970

Noticed one of the genius design flaws of my rig. Main thermostat has fan/cool/furnace but the furnace option doesn't work, found out that the whole temperature setting for the furnace is in the bedroom. I have since changed the name of my rig to the Sauna 420, but that's only in bedroom, the rest of the rig is the Siberia 420 as the floor ducts when on won't even blow out a match. Netting this out, I must install or find a fireplace, this is ridiculous. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I would make sure that your furnace ducts are connected properly and not pinched or cut. Normally they run from behind your basement wall at the furnace to the individual ducts. There are several threads in which people commented that their ductwork was disconnected or damaged.

danemayer

Sounds like you'll need to investigate the duct work coming out of the furnace and running to the underbelly. It's pretty typical to have a differential from front-to-rear because of the length of the ducts, but if your differential is extreme, you may have a kinked or disconnected duct.

With a single thermostat, it doesn't really matter where the thermostat is located. You adjust the set point to whatever temperature works best for the whole trailer. Relocating the thermostat won't do anything to fix the temperature differential.

If you don't mind a floor heater, a ceramic disc heater does the same job as a fireplace and costs quite a bit less.

IronJ

I've found that if I run the heat strip In the garage at around 74-75 with it set to blow out of the ducts it helps immensely to circulate the air...I also have a quartz floor heater under the ent center in the living room....

Then the furnace does not run as much .

Your ducts sound like they are pinched or clogged...the airflow in my 420 is pretty even except for the garage..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

earlh20659

Noticed one of the genius design flaws of my rig. Main thermostat has fan/cool/furnace but the furnace option doesn't work, found out that the whole temperature setting for the furnace is in the bedroom. I have since changed the name of my rig to the Sauna 420, but that's only in bedroom, the rest of the rig is the Siberia 420 as the floor ducts when on won't even blow out a match. Netting this out, I must install or find a fireplace, this is ridiculous. Any suggestions?

I have a 2016 cyclone 3110 that I put electric radiant heat panels from envi on the walls of my bedrooms and one in the storage bay. These are the best kept secret for rvs. They only use about 400 watts each and have thermostats for temp control. Why pay for propane when electric is usually included in campground fee? A setting of about three (of 10) keeps the temp 70 degrees. There are no fans just radiant convective heat. Bonus for the storage bay with one in there it also heats the bathroom floor and the water pump and hose connection at the other end of the bay. I have my storage bay heater on an 14 gauge extension cord exiting through the hose portal and connected to shore power separately so that it doesn't trip the kitchen breaker which is on the same circuit. Check out eheat.com. The heaters are about 130 a piece and a good investment. No I'm not a sales person!

earl h.

chaplady

I have a big country with dual thermostats the one in the bedroom has the furnace feature disconnected it only controls bed room air and the one in hallway by kitchen controls both furnace & 2nd air conditioner.

kjm1970

I have a 2016 cyclone 3110 that I put electric radiant heat panels from envi on the walls of my bedrooms and one in the storage bay. These are the best kept secret for rvs. They only use about 400 watts each and have thermostats for temp control. Why pay for propane when electric is usually included in campground fee? A setting of about three (of 10) keeps the temp 70 degrees. There are no fans just radiant convective heat. Bonus for the storage bay with one in there it also heats the bathroom floor and the water pump and hose connection at the other end of the bay. I have my storage bay heater on an 14 gauge extension cord exiting through the hose portal and connected to shore power separately so that it doesn't trip the kitchen breaker which is on the same circuit. Check out eheat.com. The heaters are about 130 a piece and a good investment. No I'm not a sales person!

earl h.

Love it! Thanks for the info!