3670 furnca question

retroxrider

3670 furnace question

Hi,

I just opened my 08 3670 for the season. Our first wekend was cold and rainy. Along with finding my ktchen area ceiling sagging (see other post) I started having an issue with my furnace. It worked fine last fall, but this weekend it started to make a loud bang as it would near the end of it's cycle. It seems like when the gas valve closes is whne it makes the noise. The noise sounds like a metal door closing. Everything works fine (blower works and I get heat) it just makes this one loud bang about a minute before the blower shuts off. Is there a damper of some sort to close off outside air that could be causing the problem. Does anyone know where i could get a schematic of the unit? I work in the HVAC field and feel confident working on things such as this. If need be I can have the dealership look at it under warranty, but would need to have them come out and look at it as I am seasonal.
TIA for any suggestions

Phil

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've read both of your post and I'm sorry to say I can't be of any help. I've never had any abnormal furnace noise in any of our RV's after storage. I've also never had any problems with snow on the roof. I would think the area in the kitchen would have additional support for the A/C. At least in our 3400 is where the A/C is. Check with owners of other RV's to see if they had roof problems. If your dealer is of no help, I would try Heartland. Good Luck, I hope things work out for you9.