Residential Dishwasher "Perfect for Big Country 3960 SL" (rear kitchen)

icechex

Seems to me (just thinking not actually seriously plotting yet) that the Big Country 3690 SL (rear kitchen) is the perfect 5th wheel to add a residential dishwasher.

1st - The dishwasher would not be in a slide.

2nd - You would have easy access to the back of the dishwasher by opening the bistro door on the outside of the trailer.

3rd - you would lose the sink/faucets which we don't use, and it "appears" that the dishwasher would sit on top where the faucets were and you could route the drain to where the sink used to drain.

4th - although you'd lose the sink/faucets there would probably still be room for the little fridge, and the tv would not be affected.

5th - Inside the 5th wheel - you'd lose the 2 drawers (silverware) but that would be all.

just thinking as I said - and wondering if anyone else has thought of this or have actually done it.

Crumgater

We have a portable / counter-top dishwasher (like the kind CampingWorld sells). It's plenty big enough.
If I were to install one permanently, I'd go for one of the drawer versions... which should have a little smaller footprint to work with.

When looking at new units, that's one of the things I look at now - where is there space for a dishwasher.... :)
-Tina

MCTalley

Someone on here installed a dishwasher in their 3690SL. They didn't have the full outdoor bistro, just an empty space, but I'm sure most of the technical installation procedures would be similar.

Update: Here's a link to one. I thought there was someone else that had more detailed steps.