Going to Residential Fridge - Wondering if there is 'real' market for the old one?

icechex

Going to be changing out my existing fridge (Norcold) in a couple of weeks and am wondering if there's an 'actual/real' market for the old one.

Mine is a 4-door wood grain fridge (barely 3 years old and in good working order).

We are changing it out because wife wants the added space.

I can set it in a friend's shop, hook it up and have it running for potential customers but .... I'm thinking it's probably not a item that will 'move' very quick and I doubt if it's worth much although a buddy of mine told me this morning that he sold his for $750. Still, I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble and I'm seriously thinking about just junking it.

Anyone have any thoughts?

danemayer

Look up the price of a new Norcold unit, and look up the price of a replacement cooling unit (not including labor). Someone out of warranty might jump at saving some money.

icechex

What are the dimensions of it??

I know you only ask for dimensions but I included all the specs.

Brand: Ultraline 1200Dimensions: 63-1/4 Inches High x 32-11/16 Inches Wide x 24 Inches Deep
Door Panel: Included
Doors: 4 Door
Ice Maker Option: with Ice Maker
Trim Color: Black
Weight: 244.0000
Type: Gas Absorbsion
Type: Three Compartment 4 Door Side-By-Side Refrigerator With Two Freezer
Capacity: 12 cu ft
Capacity: 12 Cubic Feet
Height (IN): 63-1/4 Inch
Width (IN): 32-11/16 Inch
Depth (IN): 24 Inch
Power Source: 2-Way Alternating Current/ LP Gas
Power Source: AC/ LP
Ampere: 3.6 Ampere At 120 Volt AC
Temperature Control: LED Panel
Color: Black Trim
Installation Type: Flush Mount
With Ice Maker: Yes
With Door Ajar Alarm: Yes
With Door Ajar Light: Yes
With Door Tray/ Shelving: Yes

- - - Updated - - -

Look up the price of a new Norcold unit, and look up the price of a replacement cooling unit (not including labor). Someone out of warranty might jump at saving some money.

Obviously a good idea (which I hadn't thought of) thanks!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ironically the 'upgrade' residential refrigerator can be purchased for about half of what your Norcold or similar Dometic two way costs new.
Even used it's probably worth close to what you paid for your new one. JMHO Trace