ATF: Landmark - Creaking and popping

TheWolfes

We've had our 2016 LM365 leveled and sitting on a flat black top surface for a couple of weeks and it's doing a lot of creaking and popping. Should we auto level it again? Is it normal for them to pop and creak constantly? Thank you

danemayer

Hi TheWolfes,

Lippert has a technical bulletin on Noisy leveling jacks. Here's a link. Adding the fluid has helped some more than others.

It's also helpful to reduce the extension on the front jacks by positioning blocks under the front jacks. Less extension = less lateral pressure = less micro-movements = less noise.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We've had our 2016 LM365 leveled and sitting on a flat black top surface for a couple of weeks and it's doing a lot of creaking and popping. Should we auto level it again? Is it normal for them to pop and creak constantly? Thank you

Our Prowler pops and creaks once in awhile.

I think it has to do with temperature changes . . .

DCG1986

Ohio Chapter Leaders
Hi TheWolfes,

Lippert has a technical bulletin on Noisy leveling jacks. Here's a link. Adding the fluid has helped some more than others.

It's also helpful to reduce the extension on the front jacks by positioning blocks under the front jacks. Less extension = less lateral pressure = less micro-movements = less noise.

Today I did the Lippert Recommended fix and it solved the creaking and popping noise. I used the Torco RFF Grade 15. Thanks for the tip.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Today I did the Lippert Recommended fix and it solved the creaking and popping noise. I used the Torco RFF Grade 15. Thanks for the tip.

Let us know if it stays fixed. I did the fix several times and still get the popping. It just doesn't happen quite as often.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yup!

The less you have to extend the legs . . . the stronger and quieter the hold will be!

ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010701.jpg ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010703.jpg ProwlerAtMountaindale-P1000126.jpg ProwlerFlagsJuly4-P1000235.jpg ProwlerInYard-P1000054.jpg ProwlerInYard-P1000056.jpg