TV Sound through Entertainment Center Question

sbhoward

I have a new 2015 Big Country 3650RL with the Jensen Entertainment System installed below the TV. Works well for everything (Radio, Bluetooth, DVD, etc) but am unable to get sound from the TV. TV speakers are only source.

Have tried all input sources on the Jensen to no avail. I see an optical Audio out cable on the TV but not sure if it's hooked up or has anything to do with getting sound from the TV to the Jensen System..

The question is, do any of you with similar setups get TV audio through the Entertainment System? Need the volume as we cannot hear it when the AC unit is running. Want to know if others have TV sound before I approach the dealer for a warranty issue.

Thanks

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have a new 2015 Big Country 3650RL with the Jensen Entertainment System installed below the TV. Works well for everything (Radio, Bluetooth, DVD, etc) but am unable to get sound from the TV. TV speakers are only source.

Have tried all input sources on the Jensen to no avail. I see an optical Audio out cable on the TV but not sure if it's hooked up or has anything to do with getting sound from the TV to the Jensen System..

The question is, do any of you with similar setups get TV audio through the Entertainment System? Need the volume as we cannot hear it when the AC unit is running. Want to know if others have TV sound before I approach the dealer for a warranty issue.

Thanks

There should be a small mini plug recepticle on the front of the unit . . .

You'll need to run a cord from the headphone jack of the TV to this recepticle, then choose the correct AUX input (probably AUX 1) . . .

Then you should get sound through the stereo.

sbhoward

Thanks, John I found that one. I just wanted to avoid bringing cables to hang out in front when there is a Rear Aux input.

If I don't find out whats normal ( will probably ask Heartland) I'll pull the unit myself and figure it out. After over 40 years in computer work I better be able to figure something out.

But if all else fails, thanks!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanks, John I found that one. I just wanted to avoid bringing cables to hang out in front when there is a Rear Aux input.

If I don't find out whats normal ( will probably ask Heartland) I'll pull the unit myself and figure it out. After over 40 years in computer work I better be able to figure something out.

But if all else fails, thanks!

Our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner had the big Jensen stereo and I pulled it out of the wall to unroll the diapole radio antenna (which is rolled up in a ball with a rubber band around it), and while I had it out of the wall I checked for rear inputs . . . but found none.

Everything on the back of the unit was outputs for the DVD player to the TV!

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

The Jensen is just to the right of the TV at the top of this shot.

Last edited:

danemayer

Thanks

Hi sbhoward,

I don't think Heartland ever connects the TV audio out to the surround sound, so it's something you'd have to do yourself.

If you have an optical audio output from the TV, you'll probably have to convert it to standard RCA audio connection on the input side of the Jensen unit. Our RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide can help you with the cables and converters needed to do so.

sbhoward

UPDATE: First of Thanks everyone for the suggestions. ndmac - what a cool device. Thanks!

I called Heartland and they said no, they don't connect TV output to the Entertainment Center. He also said he didn't know why not but that was how it was.

My rig is a 2015 BC 3650RL. In it I have a Big Screen LG TV and a Jensen BVM990 Entertainment Center ( the smaller VCR shaped unit, not the square one). Not wanting to give in for such a simple thing I dug through online info from LG and Jensen, and took a look (again) behind the TV.

Speeding things up a bit, I found that there was an Optical Audio Out on the TV and there was a cable going from it to behind all the electronics. I tried setting the input on the Jensen to Optical and saved the selection. Everything came to life!

Not sure what the rep was referring to, but on my 3650RL the TV does indeed have an Optical Audio line that does provide TV audio to my Jensen controller.

Just wanted to let everyone know in case there is another owner wondering about it. Choose optical for input on the Jensen Controller and you have sound, not Rear Aux as I was doing.

Thanks everyone! Now we can hear over the A/C unit roaring away!:rolleyes: