checking on pets left in trailer alone

meandg

crawgator
Does anyone have a way to monitor the temperature or how the pets are acting when left alone. My concern is electricity failure and it getting too hot for them.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We ask a neighbor to open the door if something happens and we are not their. We leave to door unlocked and Callies leash on the outside assist handle. If its going to be warm at all...the A/C is left on. Callie likes to watch the "animal plant" so we leave the TV on. Shes good for about 4 hours before she needs a potty break.

IronJ

Not sure what rig you have, but If you have one with an onan genny, they offer a remote start backup module that will kick the ac on in the event of of a power loss....I have it on my rw 420....never had to use it, but it has several other features that are worth a look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
There are some of us that have pre-ordered Blink: Kickstarter Link and their website Link

Yes this is what I was going to post again. Should start shipping the end of the month, it looks like.

Another option, although pricey, is a monitored security system like Simplisafe, that has a temperature monitor (freeze monitor) as one of the options.

OmniDynmc

I took an Arduino added a temp/humidity sensor and connected it to my wifi which is bridged to my cell MiFi and wrote a mac server app and iphone/apple watch app to monitor it with push notifications. A bit of effort but in the long run cheaper than a monitoring services.

There is also a device on the market called a Netatmo, if you have internet you can connect it to the wifi and have it monitor temp/co2/humidity without a service contract.

Jv75353

There are some of us that have pre-ordered Blink: Kickstarter Link and their website Link
Has anyone who had ordered this system received it yet? We have pre-ordered it also, but still waiting for the monies to be withdrawn from our account which would signal that the system is being sent.

TravelTiger

Has anyone who had ordered this system received it yet? We have pre-ordered it also, but still waiting for the monies to be withdrawn from our account which would signal that the system is being sent.

I've been diligently watching the updates for Blink and the comments as well. It appears that shipments to backers (those that gave money for the development) are starting to happen. I have not heard when preorders will be fulfilled. Personally, I am disappointed it's taking so long, but I believe the product will be a good one.

szewczyk_john

We have a road warrior toy hauler with a fantastic fan/vent in the garage. We use that instead of the AC as it runs on 12 volt and not the AC system. I was impressed when we first used the system because of the amount of air it will pull through the rest of the trailer. It will create a "breeze" and cool own the unit.

Mcook

My response on checking my order status Nov 16.
Given that you ordered in September, you can most likely expect your system to ship in the latter half of December based on our current production schedule.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mcook

Given that you ordered in September, you can most likely expect your system to ship in the latter half of December based on our current production schedule.

This is on a Blink order.

TravelTiger

[QUOTE,=Mcook;458746]This is on a Blink order.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was wondering the same. I'll hope it gets to me in January, as we'll be traveling for the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

Thanks for the update.

8amps

We got an app called Presence. You can set up an old phone, ipad etc and it can either do live view or set as motion detector. We put the wireless temperature thing within its view. It uses a data connection so keep that in mind.

Mcook

Blink camera order update::
Dear Blink Supporter,
You’re receiving this email because you’ve placed a pre-order for the Blink Home Monitor.

Pre-order shipments for existing North American customers are scheduled to begin on January 4th.

TravelTiger

Dear Blink Supporter,
You’re receiving this email because you’ve placed a pre-order for the Blink Home Monitor.

Pre-order shipments for existing North American customers are scheduled to begin on January 4th.

I got the same email. From the reviews I've seen, it's a good product. Just need to ship them faster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jv75353

Dear Blink Supporter,

Got the same message yesterday. They also said I would get an email confirming shipment and a tracking number.

NHCelt

I took an Arduino added a temp/humidity sensor and connected it to my wifi which is bridged to my cell MiFi and wrote a mac server app and iphone/apple watch app to monitor it with push notifications. A bit of effort but in the long run cheaper than a monitoring services.

There is also a device on the market called a Netatmo, if you have internet you can connect it to the wifi and have it monitor temp/co2/humidity without a service contract.

I was thinking of doing the same thing...😉

mlburst1

Thanks for the link to Blink - looks perfect for monitoring the rig temperature and dog while we're away.

Ordered the two camera system - should ship 1/18 per website.

Mike