2016 22RBK Slide out advice

dc1418

Hi, I ordered my 2016 22rbk at the hershey rv show and have not taken delivery as yet. I cant seem to find the trailer plus slide out width on Heartland's site, did I miss it? I wondered if someone could tell me how wide is the trailer with the slide out fully opened? And can the slide out be partially opened for an overnight or should the slide always be fully closed or fully opened?, to seal the trailer from weather ? I believe the the trailer is 8 feet wide and the slide out looks to be a "deep slide".
Thanks
dc1418

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I measured last year but cannot remember. I think its around 3-4 feet. i am not sure about your second question. I have never been in a position where I considered only opening the slide part way. If the table is not up there is plenty of room to walk through with it closed. If you want to watch some tv at night it needs to be all the way open. Congrats on your NT. We have loved ours.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have never been in a position where I considered only opening the slide part way.

When we had our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner, when we had it parked next to our house there was not enough room to open the slide all the way.

We use our trailer in our yard a lot as an extra room when we have out-of-towners visit, and just to get out of the house to get away from it all (we call it 'pretend camping').

The slide on the Trail Runner would only go out about halfway before it hit the side of the garage, and with it not sealed I wasn't so much worried about rain getting in, but bugs and other creatures.

At least we could walk all the way through the Trail Runner with the slide in, where in our new Prowler, when the slides are in you have to zip line over the kitchen island to get to the back of the trailer.

Thankfully, the slide on the same side of the Prowler doesn't extend out as far so we can have all of the slides open while it is parked in the same spot!

CamperInYard-IMG_0069.jpg ProwlerInYard-P1000054.jpg ProwlerInYard-P1000056.jpg