theater seating in 2015 Ashland

DLMetzler

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue with these recliners. We are now about 40 days in our new 2015 Ashland and love it! Problem, both the theater seating recliners died. Of course in the recline position. We plan to haul them to a Heartland dealer for repair. Just curious if this is a common issue and maybe we should look into the manual recliners. We love these comfortable recliners but do not like things that need constant repair. Thanks for your input in advance

etcmss

apparently these are electric reclining. Check the AC is plugged in (and power to outlet) and the batteries are in. Mine recently lost power and battery pack power real low making it slowwwwww. Gary

jbeletti

Save yourself a trip to the dealer. As others have mentioned, this is likely a power connection issue.

There are a couple of DC power connections "under" the chair. Sometimes these connections can be finicky. You'll need to use a flashlight while laying on the floor and crawling under the chair a bit. Look for the wire coming out of the front motor pack. There's also a wire near the back that can (barely) be reached from the front.

Then of course, there's the AC wire that plugs into the wall and then into the power pack.

This all said - and because you state that BOTH are not working, please check the power at the AC receptacles in that slide with something like a lamp to ensure that you're not having an AC power issue. If you are, that's another troubleshooting process we can walk you through.

DLMetzler

Thanks for the advice. Last week the right went out, yesterday the left. We checked the outlets at the walls and they work. Also checked one connection back of the right one last week. At that time my husband noticed an arc. We unplugged it at that time. We will dig further but don't feel hopeful. Anyway, if we can have our chairs working we would be happy!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

FYI we ditched the 2 recliners from our Ashland and installed the theater seats, we LOVE them..
So much more comfortable then the recliners were.

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tape talk

DLMetzler

Just an update. We took your advice regarding checking the electric components underneath. Sure enough, that was the issue with the left. With the right, the wiring came loose and dropped down into the working parts of the chair shearing off some of the power cable wire insulation. I'm sure that is why husband saw it arc! Needless to say, that end of the electronic theater seating went to be repaired. Hopefully, this won't be an issue again. The left one has also stopped again requiring adjustment to the connections. I should note, these chairs are called theater seating and not recliners like I first noted.