SOLVED: Has the forum"s "What's New" function changed??

pegmikef

or did I inadvertantly change something. Up until yesterday evening when I used the "what's new" option it always displayed the new posts up to a line where the new ones stopped, but still displayed several pages of older threads. I have my setting set at ten days. Now, it will only display the threads that contain new posts and no earlier threads even though there were many I had not yet read. How do I get back the multiple day list? Thanks

jbeletti

Re: Has the forum"s "What's New" function changed??

Mike - there's been no change made on purpose to change this functionality.

I checked my What's new and it looks okay. I have about 2 weeks of unread posts if I go to page 14 (40 per page per my settings) and look at the oldest post.

Google ChromeScreenSnapz020.jpg

Google ChromeScreenSnapz021.jpg

pegmikef

Thanks Jim. I think this was an operator "oops" on my part that caused it. Yesterday I came across an option on the forum entry page (Mark all forums read) and thought that it would just display each of the threads in my current session as read. Apparently it is literal and marked everything as read at that point in time so since the "what's new" function only displays unread threads for the time period specified in settings, it is actually giving me only those threads that have been updated or created after I cleverly marked everything as read. Thanks for your time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

For some reason I just had to log in again on my laptop.

I never logged out . . . so maybe this could be a clue to something else that happened around here.