Picking up an Oakmont 325RE

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
So after 6 months of research, study, late nights of alcohol consumption, horoscope readings, starring at the stars, having our palms read, consulting our grandson, mowing the lawn in different directions, and snooping in every CO HOC members rig we know, we finally made a decision. Short of the zombie apocalypse, a meteor shower of epic proportions, or twinkies no longer being made again, we pick up our Oakmont next Saturday. We want to thank all of the CO HOC members for sharing info, letting us snoop in your homes, and just being downright excellent people.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
325re

Congratulations Mike & Anna on your new rig. I know you will enjoy it. Which model did you end up with? Oh, wait now I read the heading. :)
Gregg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: 325re

Congrats! Another NT gone 5ver owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

We looked at an Oakmont while we were on our first outing with our new Prowler down at Colorado Springs . . .

We really liked it (had the big room in the back with the small bathroom and separate outside entrance) and may consider one when we upgrade next time around (hopefully 10 years this time) . . .

Can't wait to see it at the next Colorado HOC Rally!

NH5er

Congrats on the new coach. We have the same model and love it. Hope you got the Level up. It makes setup a breeze.
Jim

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

We did get that option, it was on our list of must haves along with dual ac. Good to see another owner posting here. I was beginning to think we were the only ones who were going to own an Oakmont.

NH5er

We did get that option, it was on our list of must haves along with dual ac. Good to see another owner posting here. I was beginning to think we were the only ones who were going to own an Oakmont.

I've thought the same thing. We have had it since June and haven't seen another one yet. Dual AC is another good idea. Being in the north east we didn't think it was very necessary, but I think the high ceilings and lack of roof vents really trap the heat. Feel free to ask any other questions.
Jim

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

We bought our Prowler off of the lot, so opted to stick with the one AC unit.

We hardly ever use it (AC) anyway, so would have been a waste of money for us.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

We are camping in it for a couple of days right after the PDI. I will get pics up once I have figured out what switches do what. :cool: