Where to camp in Dallas Nov 6-9, 2015?

Nbomar

I'm going to Dallas for the Cowboys game this weekend (GO COWBOYS!) and have to pick up my Rzr from a shop down there anyways so the wife and I decided to camp. We can't find anywhere in the metroplex that has availability. I guess they got some flood this summer so a lot of parks are closed and the KOA is sold out obviously with it being a game weekend. Any help or advice would be great! I have a Road Warrior 415 so I need a spot that is 45' long and 50A preferred but could survive easily on 30A this time of year.

Thanks,
Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Dallas Nov 6-9

Well, it won't be close to the stadium, but you might consider a park on the eastern side of The metroplex. Check out Bluebonnet Ridge RV Park, near Terrell, Tx. It is a nice park that other Heartlanders have stayed at.

http://www.bluebonnetrv.com

Nbomar

Traders village looked interesting. We are booked there. Thanks for the recommendations! Things like this are reasons I appreciate this forum.

scottyb

Good choice. Trader's Village is very convenient. My aunt and uncle have been staying there for about 5 years to be near thier grand baby. I stopped over to see them one night. It was a little tight getting the 4100 in there but we managed. For future reference, another really nice park is the Vineyards on Grapevine Lake. It was under water most of the summer but I believe they have re-opened. We have also stayed at Cedar Hill State Park on Joe Pool Lake on the south side. It was a very spacious and private site with 50A service.

Nbomar

I called vineyards and they are still closed. I called cedar hill and never got a return phone call so I assumed they were closed also.

scottyb

No kidding. That was some bad flooding back in May. We got iced-in for three days at Vineyards back in Feb. The water level was pretty low then as you can see in the photo.

Attachments

• IMAG0402.jpg
    IMAG0402.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 13