Researching oak mont 385qb.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Our bunkhouse model has one in the basements and one in the outside kitchen.

NH5er

We have the 325RE. there is no mount in the basement, just a connector for the cable. Not sure if all models are that way.
Jim

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I am answering your questions with 6 months of recent experience looking at just about every fifth wheel out there. We do not recall seeing any trailers with an exterior tv mount. The models that come with basement/storage connections, the tv was on a swing out mount. The only other ways we saw a tv mounted was in the kitchen area, or behind its own hatch door where the only thing behind the door was the tv. Hope this helps you.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I am answering your questions with 6 months of recent experience looking at just about every fifth wheel out there. We do not recall seeing any trailers with an exterior tv mount. The models that come with basement/storage connections, the tv was on a swing out mount. The only other ways we saw a tv mounted was in the kitchen area, or behind its own hatch door where the only thing behind the door was the tv. Hope this helps you.

Can't wait to see your new Oakmont 5'ver . . . if not Tucson . . . then next spring at the Colorado HOC Rally at Buena Vista!

I know you will love it!

I've never seen an outside TV mount on any trailer either, although I'm sure it can be done!

Although as an owner's mod . . . not a factory option!

The problem would be that the TV would have to be hooked up and mounted to the mount, then removed and unhooked each time you wanted to use it.

I think it would be much easier to just have a table to set the TV on and hook up the coax to the back of the TV when needed!

I was thinking about putting a swivel TV mount in our basement, but the best place to mount the TV was also the removable wall to get at the plumbing, heating, water heater and everything else that is hooked up under the floor of the trailer, which means that this wall is not very stable as it is meant to be removed if you need to access the plumbing, wiring and heating elements of the trailer!

Not to mention that this wall is ONLY held in by four (4) screws that are nothing more than drywall screws!

Not enough to hold the weight of a flat screen TV . . .

diesel_doberman

Well I know this is a very old thread.... We bought a Oakmont 385qb!!!!! We sign paperwork today and will receive delivery later this month!