DC lighting

Birchwood

Yet another DC push button light switch has go bad in the living kitchen area.One more to go and all will be replaced with new AC switches that will hopefully last longer that the DC/AC switches that were infrequently used.Wonder why they all failed??

Bones

Yet another DC push button light switch has go bad in the living kitchen area.One more to go and all will be replaced with new AC switches that will hopefully last longer that the DC/AC switches that were infrequently used.Wonder why they all failed??
The rv DC switches just might not be up to the task of switching on and off too many times and can't deal with the arc between contacts. Take a switch apart and see what happened to it if you can.

ncc1701e

The most likey cause is too much current draw. Our unit simply had too many kitchen lights on the same switch. Solved issuse with LEDS. i can give you a long winded electrical explanation of what happens in a DC VS AC switch when it opens, but it all comes down to current draw across the contacts. I have pics of our switch failure just not on this pad.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our bathroom switch was getting finicky, flickering occasionally or dimming slightly. Switch controls only 2 pancake lights, and we are using LEDs. From experience and reading here on the forum, I suggested lose wires on the back of the switch. DH looked at it while I was not around, so I can't say what it looked like, but he said the wires were tight. He replaced the switch and no more problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

This is a problem I bet Caig DeOxIt contact restorer/cleaner spray could fix. I had a similar problem with the audio system volume switch built into the back of my truck steering wheel. The switch started only working intermittently, and I could foresee replacement of the steering wheel being a pricey and complex operation. I sprayed the Caig DeOxIt into the cracks in the edges of the rocker switch actuator, and it got where it needed to go, and the switch has fine for over 2 years since.