Any RW 355 Owners Out There?

Treyz71

We just picked up our 2015 RW 355 a few weeks ago and we love it. We've done two quick shake down trips and she's back at the dealer for some punch list items. If you have one, has it been holding up well?

nfa1eab

We just picked up our 2015 RW 355 a few weeks ago and we love it. We've done two quick shake down trips and she's back at the dealer for some punch list items. If you have one, has it been holding up well?
Have a 2015 RW305 and have 8,000 miles w/o issues. Had them upgrade tires to Goodyear RST G 614s prior to delivery. Had towmax at first. Otherwise trailer has worked great. No problems. They seem well built. LevelUp sytem is fabulous.
2e053c71b067d0b0c5ef44b4a6ffdfdf.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

ILH

We've got a 2013 305 RW and we haven't had any major issues. We've had quite a few major trips - and except for a blowmax incident, no surprises.

Treyz71

We've got a 2013 305 RW and we haven't had any major issues. We've had quite a few major trips - and except for a blowmax incident, no surprises.

Have a 2015 RW305 and have 8,000 miles w/o issues. Had them upgrade tires to Goodyear RST G 614s prior to delivery. Had towmax at first. Otherwise trailer has worked great. No problems. They seem well built. LevelUp sytem is fabulous.
2e053c71b067d0b0c5ef44b4a6ffdfdf.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thank you both for the feedback!

hboy1

Those with the 355; have you hit the scales to get weights? I'm concerned the loaded pin weight could put me over my GVWR.

I have a RAM 3500 SRW Mega cab short bed. With a family of 5 and full tank of gas, that leaves about 3500lbs of cargo. We will be using the garage as a bedroom for now. No toys to haul.

I read alot of folks who say a this rig needs a dually. I see from the pictures, there are a couple with SRW. How's the towing with SRW? What type of hitch are you using? Do you need a slider?

Thank you.

Treyz71

I've only had mine a few weeks, but our second trip out we crossed the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia. My truck felt very stable at highway speeds and had no issues with ascending or descending the mountains. The unloaded weight is well below the rating for my truck and the most I will be carrying is a golf cart. We typically stay at full hookup campgrounds, so I don't carry extra water or fuel. My truck is a GMC 3500 SRW long bed with a Reese 20k hitch. No slider needed for a long bed.

hboy1

The hearland web site shows this floor plan with a king bed. The only online pictures I have seen look like a queen size bed. Is it a king?

I also saw a picture of the garage that looks like the lower bunk that converts to a dinette table is partially blocked by the half bath wall. Can you tell me if there is room to slide into the dinette seat, or if the bathroom wall blocks the seat?

Thank you much.

Treyz71

The bed in the master bedroom is a queen. The beds in the garage are larger than a king. We're actually on the hunt for sheets that will fit those massive beds now.

You are correct in that the lower bunk converts to a dinette that will seat 6 folks easily and maybe more. When the dinette table is used, there is no room to exit the left seating area (facing the rear door) without popping the table up from it's legs and rotating it or exiting through the three season doors to the patio. This is something that we did not notice until after our purchase. We have only used this area once when it was raining, as we typically eat outside during our trips.

I noticed that the new RW 356 model is basically the same coach, but without the half bath in the rear. Personally, I like the half bath because you can easily access it from the outside and keep the dirt, etc. from entering the main living quarters. As a matter of fact, we've taken to using that entrance primarily and the having the garage as a "mud room" when it's raining or when we're camped where there's lots of dirt or sand.

In my opinion, folks that like the RW 355 will be drawn to the way the main living area is laid out. My wife loves the opposing sofas that enable 6+ family and friends sit comfortably and be facing each other for easier conversations. We've had 7 seated in the living area eating chili on a rainy night.

The other main feature that did it for me is that the garage bunks lift higher than in many other models for more clearance. I have a golf cart with a 6-inch lift that would not fit in most of the toy haulers that we looked at because of height. It fits perfectly in the RW 355 in both height and length.

The cabinets, appliances, bathroom fixtures and all other details are very nice in this unit and of a slightly higher quality than some other brands that we looked at. I'm a detail guy, so that stuff matters to me. I do have the coach at the dealership getting cabinet doors aligned, refrigerator doors leveled, rims replaced because of small scars, etc. I'm sure I'm driving them nuts with the minutia.