Touch Audio System

JeremyN

I apologize if this was discussed many times on here, but I did a search and looked through over 25 posts on the Touch Audio System, and could not find what I am looking for.

First off, I have had issues with my Touch Audio DVD/AM/FM system since day 1 when i bought my trailer in 2011. Now I think it has finally taken its last life and died. First off, my reception for my radio has been just horrible from the beginning. About year 2, DVD's started only playing about half the time and have been that way since. And then about a month ago, my whole touch face stopped working. I cut power to the unit to try and re-start it, and it didn't help. I used the remote that came with it for the last month, but now that doesn't work either.

I am sick and tired of this thing, and just want something that will work. I have read a ton of reviews about the Jensen systems, and they all seem mixed. Some people love them, some people hate them.

Do you know if there is a plug and play replacement for the Touch Audio system? If I bought a Jensen system, would all the connection points be the same, or will I need to re-wire my trailer for the new system?

Thanks for any advise you can give!

TxCowboy

Jeremy, I had the Touch Audio system in my 2011 Greystone. That equipment is total junk.

For the DVD capability, we bought an inexpensive Blu-Ray player (roughly $60), sat it on a shelf, and connected the HDMI to the television. That alone was a significant improvement over the TA system.

There's a ton of audio equipment that will fit into the slot where the TA system currently sit. Most have a face plate mount if the equipment is smaller than the Touch Audio equipment.

EDIT: I think you need a 12vDC (think: car audio) system but I'm not certain.

If you want to connect your DVD to the stereo, looks for the type of audio out connections on the DVD player and match those to your stereo equipment.

You might find this Heartland User Guide helpful: http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/User Guides/RV Audio Connections Illustrated v1.1.pdf

HTH