Texas - West Chapter Event Ideas and Discussions

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
All, I wanted to start a thread to discuss other ideas for future events for the West Texas Chapter, like Meet-and-Greets or Camp-outs. I know not every member can participate in every event, and we are still pretty spread out, so I want to see if we can come up with some events to get members together in areas convenient to you.

I thought maybe this fall or winter, do a few Meet-and-Greets at local restaurants. Lubbock or Abilene or Midland?

Let me know your thoughts!

Erika

HornedToad

No bites???

Tiger, I'll sum up one of the challenges you'll face scheduling events in "Far" West Texas with a google map survey...

830 miles Brownsville, TX to Perryton, TX
812 miles El Paso, TX to Texarkana, TX
794 miles Texarkana, TX to Chicago, IL
786 miles Beaumont, TX to Jacksonville, FL
727 miles El Paso, TX to San Diego, CA
656 miles Brownsville, TX to Mexico City, Mexico

But I think Mr Gratz sums it up best... "visit TEXAS - it's like a whole 'nuther country"

TravelTiger

Yep, I know. That's why I figured we need to do a variety of things in a variety of areas. Most members are near Lubbock, some near Midland/Odessa, some near El Paso. Then a few scattered in other places. I've lived in Texas all my life and never been to El Paso.

Our goal is to get more members attending events, by getting the events closer to them. It may take some time, but I know we can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HornedToad

I go to Lubbock six weekends every Fall with two of my Midland tailgate buddies that own Heartland trailers.
We go to Red Raider Rallies and could try to attend an HOC event there...
too many great restaurants in Lubbock to list for a Meet & Greet,
Pharr RV is a Lubbock Heartland dealer that I know would be receptive to an Open House
and Buffalo Springs Lake in Lubbock county would be a great place for a Camp out or Rally.

I would need to bring Andrew Jackson,
but I would like to see my friends join the HOC and take advantage of the forum.

TravelTiger

I go to Lubbock six weekends every Fall with two of my Midland tailgate buddies that own Heartland trailers.
We go to Red Raider Rallies and could try to attend an HOC event there...
too many great restaurants in Lubbock to list for a Meet & Greet,
Pharr RV is a Lubbock Heartland dealer that I know would be receptive to an Open House
and Buffalo Springs Lake in Lubbock county would be a great place for a Camp out or Rally.

I would need to bring Andrew Jackson,
but I would like to see my friends join the HOC and take advantage of the forum.

Mike, your HL friends can join the forum anytime!

To join the Heartland Owners Club, you have to own a HL product. But the introductory rate for the first year is free! So tell them to come on!

As far as other brands attending rallies, the charge is just to cover costs that HL typically covers for members that attend. Pays for stuff like plates and tableware, ice, drinks, etc. I hope that doesn't deter you from joining the rally!!!

I think our limiting factor is that we still work, so harder to plan rallies just "any time".

But we would enjoy a weekend campout or meet-n-greet.

Lubbock is definitely an area to consider. I'd like to do a winery tour out there.

DaveTyler

I am game for campout? Only been to one rally at Bullard and it was good. Lubbock area good for us. I am about 65-70 miles away. Besides Buffalo Lakes another might be Roaring Springs Ranch Club. I don't golf but they have golf course. Believe www.rsrc.org might be close to website. However I could go for Buffalo. Looking forward to Quanah! Dave What's a Campout?

TravelTiger

A HOC Camp-out is organized by the chapter, but is not a full-blown rally. It's less likely to have organized events, the Club does not chip-in for expenses. It might also be just 2 days, like over a weekend. Kind of a "bring-your-own-everything" event, but another venue to provide Heartland folks a way to get together and have fun!

FARMER45

Hords creek lake at Coleman tx is a great place to go large pecan trees, we drove nearly 400 miles to go to the rally's in canton os any where in west Texas is a snap

IronJ

Hmm...I'm in lubbock. ..travel through midland and abilene reg....

Lubbock would be ok...both pharr and camping world here are heartland dealers. ..restaurants/historic sites, winery's, we have all those. ..

Buffalo lakes has actually improved their rv sites and "city" as a whole...it would not be a half bad spot...

There is also a community pavilion that could be used..

I am good with anywhere really....

Caprock state Park is a little more north, but one of our personal favorites...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

mowillie

Somewhere around Terlingua/Big Bend, Alpine, Ft Davis, etc would be a good place too. I am stunned at how many native Texans have never see that area.

avvidclif

FWIW Millie and I will be a Lake Brownwood SP from the 28th - 3rd. It's called get out of the house....

TravelTiger

FWIW Millie and I will be a Lake Brownwood SP from the 28th - 3rd. It's called get out of the house....

Aww! We would come down and see you guys, that's just about an hour from us in Cisco. But we'll be traveling... To NM, CO, and then back through Amarillo and then to Terrell to visit family. We'll be back in Cisco on the 3rd.

TravelTiger

We might be able to do a Meet-and-Greet one weekend in January. Any thoughts on a place in Lubbock, and who might be able to attend? What date?

Ted_Dee

Hi Erika we were wondering if there was any movement on a meet-and-greet. Even if it is in Lubbock we would try to make it.

TravelTiger

I'll send am email out to those in the West Texas area, asking them to chime in here.

TravelTiger

Ok folks We'd like to maybe do something the 23rd or 30th, in Lubbock. I suggest Leal's Mexican Food, just because I know it's good (like the one in Amarillo). Any other ideas or suggestions for restaurants?

TravelTiger

Would be nice to meet and greet, but Lubbock is far for us being as west in Texas as you can be. MAybe next time.

Well, at some point we will have one more your direction! I know there's a few other Heartlanders out there in El Paso.