Calling Out To All The Mod Engineers

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
I have the Anderson select valve in my UDC as many have for they been used for the past few years. I often camp using the fresh water tank and will need to add water from a jug. Now with my new 2016 Bighorn I will be unable to do this. So I been thinking of a way of having to rig up some king a pump to add water from a jug to my on board fresh tank. I got to thinking, the Anderson valve in the winterizing selection sucks water from a jug wright? so would their be a way to divert the water to the fresh water tank controlled with some added Manuel select valve that could be controlled by the user, allowing you to either winterize or pump from a jug to the fresh water tank? If their would be a way please post as I'm sure I am not the only one looking for a solution. Thanks

danemayer

There are a few people who just use a 12V pump to push water from the jug into the city water connection with enough pressure to overcome the check valve. Valve gets set to TANK.

Another way to do what you want would be to remove the check valve from the city water inlet. But you'd have to add a cutoff valve in its place so that when not on city water, the valve would be closed to prevent the pump from sending all your water outside.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just "blue-skying", but you could probably rig up a diverter system from the pump to the line from your Anderson valve that goes to the tank. It would take some T-fittings, a length of PEX, and probably four shut-off valves, two after the pump and two at the Anderson line connection.

Cjackg

Small 110v pump from Harbor Freight, 5 gal water jugs from Sams Club...

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=36266&d=1429805626

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I would just put a 3 way valve in the line from the fresh tank with fitting in the UDS to hook your external tank to.
So put the valve and the fitting in the docking station if you can find room.
I'm not sure but I think if you put a check valve near your external tank to hold your prime, then your RV pump will pull the water from either tank depending on what tank you choose on your 3way valve.

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I would just put a 3 way valve in the line from the fresh tank with fitting in the UDS to hook your external tank to.
So put the valve and the fitting in the docking station if you can find room.
I'm not sure but I think if you put a check valve near your external tank to hold your prime, then your RV pump will pull the water from either tank depending on what tank you choose on your 3way valve.

Adding pictures for what I have in mind
Electric or manual 3 way valve

ae5ebd765834c189d33f30630b511af3.jpg

RV hose bib
06a1b230a827c209981d3bcdb24c2c4c.jpg

One-way check valve
318bd4a608a01ef7370da6f03c4be37c.jpg

CarterKraft

What about another Anderson valve, it's a 4 way but looking at the schematics you might figure out more uses for it or be able to dumb it down to just what you need.
Might also give you a spare valve on board for that time when you need it.

DougS

Doug S
I agree with Cjackg, only I use a 12 volt water pump from Harbor Frieght. This is the simplest solution and I believe the pump is under $40. I installed a 12 volt outlet near the docking station for a power source. I carry a 45 gallon balloon for those rare occasions.

jbeletti

Learn something new every day.

During my plumbing mods - I learned a lot the expensive way :)

For example, 1/2" push-fit fittings do not fit 1/2" PEX as 1/2" fittings are for 1/2" OD pipe. PEX is not 1/2" OD. For 1/2" PEX, you use 1/2" CTS fittings. CTS = Copper Tube Size.

SLO

1/2" refrigeration (soft,tube) copper is 1/2" OD. 1/2" rigid copper, pex, qest pipe is 5/8" OD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk