Towel bars or lack thereof

whitney

:confused:
We just got our 31RED yesterday. I noticed that there are absolutely no towel bars in the bathroom. Since the doors slide, we won't be able to use an over-the-door towel bar. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Shannon

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
whitney,
You are not alone, for the most part, even in the upper end units there isn't any toilet paper or towel bars mounted anywhere. They do provide some basic pieces (chrome look plastic) to be mounted by the owner but most owners end up buying better hardware at the local home stores. The manufacturers and dealers pretty much refuse to mount these citing that no matter what the do, the customer would not be happy with the placement. I can certainly understand that.

As to where to mount things, well good luck. We too are having a challenging time trying to figure out where to mount the toilet paper holder and towel bars. We will probably get a stand-alone toilet paper holder that sits on the floor and the towel bars I am sure I will have to cut the lengths to fit any of the wall that are available for mounting.

Good luck,
Mark

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
If you have a shelf above the toilet, we mounted a towel bar to the underside of the shelf. Had to cut the bar a little shorter to fit the shelf length, but it's mounted pretty solidly. We went with the freestanding paper holder as well.

jbeletti

Shannon,

As Mark mentioned, I too elected to not use the factory supplied holders.

We went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and purchased Moen brand towel bars (2 ea at 18" in length), a toilet paper roll holder and a robe hook.

Yours is tougher in that your bathroom door slides. I mounted 1 towel bar inside the commode room door and the other on the wall behind the commode up high. I mounted the toilet paper roll holder on the outside wall (left side of our commode as you sit on it) and toward the corner of the wall in front of the commode. Then in a space on the exterior wall between the medicine cabinet and the shower stall, I mounted the robe hook. We use the robe hook to place our towel before we shower.

Moen product can be bought at most of the big box home improvement stores. It is not inexpensive but we wanted the nickel finish that matched everything else and the hardware that comes with it is great.

Each side of each towel bar and the toilet paper roll holder comes with this huge aggressive threaded aluminum screw. It would be great for a sheet rock wall but I found them to work well too for the hollow core door and the exterior walls of the trailer. Lots of bite and holding power. I also used a 1" #8 coarse threaded deck type screw in a hole opposite the big fasteners.

Best of luck with your placement and mounting. Do it once - do it right as those big holes will be hard to hide :)

Lack of Towel and Paper Holders

we just brought our 31red home today and we also noticed a lack of towel and paper holders, any suggestions on the best way to hang something from the walls? We would also llike to possibly hang family pictures of travels. This is our second camper (back in Feb. we bought a 2008 Amerilite 25bh, great tt, not enough room for everyone) We were coming home from camping and stopped at our dealer and traded up for this monster. Thanks for all suggestiions.

Uncle Rog

We use the over the door hooks in concert with our mods, they are handy for towels, hats etc and you can use them on both sides of the door..........

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We found a TP holder that is meant to hook over the edge of a standard toilet tank. We hook it over the cabinet door of the sink base.

TT

Garry & Bev

travel bug
We use a free standing toilet paper holder with a bar that stands upright to put extra toilet paper rolls. My husband placed a small shower curtain rod inside the toilet room between the two walls on the mirror side. This accommodates two towels folded in half. The curtain rod has a spring so it doesn't need to be screwed into the wall.

We just bought a 31 RED also. We picked up a selection of over the door hooks and bars. We have a couple plastic ones on the bedroom side of that door for bath towels, a little double hook on door under bathroom sink for hand towels and a bar for kitchen towels on door under kitchen sink. We also chose not to install the toilet roll holder. The only place for it would be in the way of getting into the tub. We also found an over the door holder for a roll of toilet paper, with a cradle for a second roll.
You're the 1st people I've seen with a 31RED like us.