One more review - 31BHD

Bormo

Howdy,

Last weekend we first time used our new 31BHD, which we received last Friday. Previous experience was with small popup - so nothing to compare, but some things I want to publish here :)

First of all, owner's manual. These some pages with no pictures describe usage of all line of Heartland, no instructions for newbies.

Of course, Dealer explained some things but not at all.

Towing was great, we tow by Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel. By Dealer's recommendations we installed Husky Weight Distribution Hitch, I want to try without it so I'll write how it works later.

Trailer was parked back-in from third try, and because short experience large storage door was damaged, not something problematic, I already fixed.

Now about quality - it is excellent! When we received our popup, which was also brand new, I spent 2 weekends to fix everything which was wrong. Electricity problems, leaks, etc. So great respect to Heartland - I was surprised with quality of such inexpensive vehicle! Only one problem found - small leak from neck of kitchen sink vent. I think to fix it next weekend, and it is not assembling problem, I think reason is cheap accessory. But nothing to do - for this price it is great.

One more thing - thermostat of furnace and air conditioner. Everything work but very difficult to find point where temperature will be ok. And scale is not actual to temperatures. Maybe somebody has experience to replace it with digital one? I think there is no problem at all, but in case ...:)

Furnace is great but rear output is in washroom, so in case of you need heat in rear slide, washroom door must be opened.

One more surprise we got from our trailer was both valves open.... I have not enough English to describe what we got when opened sewer cup :eek:

:)

Additional thanks for great bed, it is great! Storage is excellent too. Many useful lights inside and in storage - just reading lights not so useful, I think to move it to mirror storage wall, or use additional 110V powered, there is enough place for it.

Overall - Excellent purchase! Using 1..10 scale - it is hard 10!

Thank you Heartland folks for it!

Will post photos soon.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The last thing you want to do is to drive that thing without the WD hitch on it...that little jeep has a pretty short wheelbase. With all the weight on the rear, the frontend is gonna be light. And speaking of lights, you won't have any that light up the road...but, you'll be able to see every treetop for miles.

I can't remember what the max is for your model jeep...but, that Cherokee is set up to drive on the highway...the suspension is going to be fairly soft which is going to make it even harder to drive. You will be amazed as how much a big truck going by affects your vehicle...the back blast is amazin'.

Leave the weight distributing hitch alone...and make sure you have something to handle the sway. It makes it much easier to drive and you will less tired when you get to the other end.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hi Bormo, We had the same problem with our heartland sundance 3300sk 5th wheel. Some one left all the sewer valves open the 1st time we went out in ours, and opened the cap at the dump stn", YIPES" Niagra Falls, I used the same English as you did. Enjoy your T.T., you have memories,& have fun; TRAVELER07

Bormo

I can't remember what the max is for your model jeep...

It is 7200lb towing and 730lb on tongue.

You're right, need to add sway control, because during windy day trailer all time tried to steer instead of me :)

Jeep Towing package includes electronic sway control - which does nothing. My Weight Distr. one has already "ears" for sway control, so it will be easy to install.

I'll update here after try.

We also have the 31BHD and love it. We found that if you point the furnace vent in the bathroom down, it goes under the door and into the spare room in the back. We also have a small ceramic heater we have used instead of turning the heat on. Both ways worked well.