Winterizing

Bigdad

I know this has been talked about before but I need to ask when you turn the valve to winterize and turn pump on does the pump run continually. I have already blown the system out but wanted to add antifreeze just to be sure. I have done what it says to do but the pump won't pull in the antifreeze. I was wondering if the 4way valve could be bad or if its the water pump. I even went and put a bypass valve kit on the water pump directly but it still won't pull in the antifreeze. The pump has sucked in some antifreeze but its not like my other 5th wheel when I winterized it. The only thing I can think is the anderson 4 way valve is bad' If anyone has an idea I would appreciate it.

Thanks

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Recent post have stated that the pump hose or syphon hose gets crimped behind UDC resulting in little or no suction. First check this then check filter screen on pump itself for a blockage. When properly working I believe pump will charge system and then shut down when the system is charged. However, if you are trying to charge the system and have a faucet open the pump with run continuously. Hope this info helps.

Bigdad

The pump screen is clear and there are no crimps In the lines. none of the faucets are open so Why would the pump run all the time? There are no leaks either

danemayer

I even went and put a bypass valve kit on the water pump directly but it still won't pull in the antifreeze. The pump has sucked in some antifreeze but its not like my other 5th wheel when I winterized it. The only thing I can think is the anderson 4 way valve is bad'

If the pump doesn't pull in antifreeze from the bypass valve kit you added directly to the suction side of the pump, the problem has nothing to do with the Anderson Valve. I'm assuming you had a faucet open when you were trying to pull in the antifreeze.

I'm also assuming that the level of antifreeze in the jug didn't change and that you weren't filling your water heater with antifreeze. The water heater needs to be bypassed first.

Has the water pump worked in the past, to pull water out of the fresh tank?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
As others have stated, you need to have the bypass to the water heater in the right position.

We are originally from southern Michigan (Jackson) . . . been out here 20 years this time around!