electric fireplace

VKTalley

is the electric fireplace just for looks are does it really put out heat and how it works

Kathi, yes, the fireplace does put out heat besides looking good, but I'm the wrong person to tell you how it works. We use it to lessen the propane usage during the cooler months along with a electric tower heater in the bedroom. Hopefully someone will be able to answer "how it works" questions for you.

John T Bettencourt

We use ours a lot in our Landmark. It puts. Out good heat and with the over head fan does a great job. There is no fire it is a reflection of light bulbs.

brianharrison

There is an electric heating element (about 1,600 Watt if I remember correctly) and a fan that blows air across the element to provide heated air to the coach. There is also a temperature control that allows the element to cycle to maintain the setting on the temperature control (simple knob that turns from low to high; i am unsure if the new units have digital temperature control or not).

There are controls to turn off the heating part and only have the decorative lights provide a (fake) fire ambiance. The lights dance behind a screen.

We used our fireplace a lot.

Hope this help,
Brian

dbbls59

It does provide heat as long as it works. It seems short lived if used much. Mine does not heat on high anymore.

jbeletti

It's awesome. Had them in eight 5th wheels so far. They are basically like an electric space heater.

jnbhobe

Don, if the fireplace is producing heat at all, it may be that one or more of your light bulbs are burned out. There's a fireplace guide in the Tools section that shows how to remove the front panel so you can access the bulbs

The bulbs have nothing to do with the fire place producing heat, the element produces the heat.

HOGHAULER

You will Love it . An upgrade over the one we had in our 2009 Bighorn,now in the the 2016 BH 3875fb the fire place has a remote,turn it on heat or no heat, set temp and it turn heat on and off as needed and a timer so if you fall asleep it will turn off. A lot of mornings we turn on just to get that chill out. Sometimes in the Summer just for the ambiance.

DAVE.SHAR

We love ours. It quickly takes the chill out in the mornings, plus it makes for a cozy feeling while having the morning coffee.

pegmikef

Down here in Texas and Louisiana, the fireplace is often all you need for heat except when the temps decide to take a nose dive. Good deal if you are not paying for electricity. If you are paying for electricity then you would have to cost it out. Mine is 750 watts on low and 1500 on high.