DSC_6190.JPG

DSC_6097.JPG

DSC_6105.JPG

DSC_6108.JPG

DSC_6111.JPG

DSC_6111.JPG

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Very nice unit you have there. Looks like a really nice campground too.

RVCamper

Great looking trailer - proud owners

Looks like you made great decision on your purchase of the 31. You and your family will certainly enjoy. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

freex4

I'm impressed.
I have a 28BHS and tow with a Chrysler Aspen. If I had known that it would handle the length, I would've gone with your model.
Great pics, and good luck.

Paul

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Nice looking rig Bormo. Looks like you were camping in thr BC liquid sunshine
Rand

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Hey it looks like it's being lived in and well used...no immaculate, plastic still on the chairs. It just looks like a home.

A kid on the bed, cr*p on the counters, raining outside...man, you are living high on the hog!

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
What a great looking rig. Nothing like living the life. Enjoy and welcome to the Heartland family.
Fred and Elizabeth

fdechaine

very nice!

what is that adapter that you have coming out of the city water inlet (the thing that is parallel to the ground) that your hose hooks too? Is that the pressure regulator or is it something else?

Thanks
Frank

Bormo

Is that the pressure regulator or is it something else?

Hi Frank,

It is 3 pieces :)

Hose -> pressure reductor -> 90 degrees adapter -> Valve -> inlet

valve - green one - very useful, I can close water, remove hose from City water inlet and connect to fresh tank, black tank wash, fill bottle, etc. and do not need walk to city water outlet each time.

bobbyg123

Great looking rig. Can you give me an assessment of your towing experience thus far? I have a 2007 F150 5.4L super crew "rated" to tow up to 9200lbs. I have no worries about the weight of the 31BHD, but the length concerns me a bit.

Thanks in advance.

RVCamper

I pulled our 31QBS with a Lincoln Navigator with the 5.4 with a 6 speed. I has plenty of power for pulling, except for the steepest grades.

As far as the length goes, it sure looks longer in the pictures than it pulls. I have a Equalizer Hitch and P3 on the Navigator. As long as you have the weight correct inside the trailer it pulls with no sway, even with big rigs passing in the rain.

I have pulled it into some pretty tight gas stations, and put it in some sites that other may not consider, but the family really likes the layout with the rear bunks.

You should have no issues with the right hitch & brake controller setup.

kampfirekid

Great looking rig. Can you give me an assessment of your towing experience thus far? I have a 2007 F150 5.4L super crew "rated" to tow up to 9200lbs. I have no worries about the weight of the 31BHD, but the length concerns me a bit.

Thanks in advance.

I have posted about my experiences on RV.net and Northtrail.com you may be interested in.

We had a 2007 Jayco 26L that was 5 feet shorter and about 1,900# lighter (fully loaded) than our current North Trail 31BHD. The 31BHD literally beats the snot out of the Jayco in the towing department. I would almost swear the NT is much lighter, although it isn't. The wide track axles, enclosed underbelly, better balance, better aerodynamics (sloped front cap), and less tongue weight make towing our 31BHD with our 2008 Ford F-150 Supercrew an unbelievably different experience. No, it doesn't tow like it would behind the diesels I am accustomed to, but for a 1/2 ton gasser, it is great. It changed my whole outlook.

I have a 2008 Ford F-150 Supercrew, King Ranch, long bed (6-1/2 foot), 4X4, 5.4L 3V V-8 with the 3.73 limited slip rear end. Mind you, I have larger tires 20" tires by Michelin as I wanted LT rated rubber. They are E-rated and weigh ALOT more than the stock Pirelli's, and have messed my gear ration a bit due to their larger diameter. Their weight alone has impacted my out-of-the-hole towing, but I still think the North Trail pulls great. That is all with the stock engine.

I now run Troyer and VMP towing tunes (like Troyer best) with SIDO MBRP dual exhaust and an AF-1 3-1/2" intake, and love the even better towing. Still not a diesel, but for the close to 50,000 to 60,000 miles a year I drive, the cost of gas alone is a big savings over diesel.

I am really curious about your towing experience with your Tundra. I have the same truck and am looking at a 32 buds. I thinking the power is going to be ok but I think I am pushing the tongue weight a little bit.