• Register by end of day 5/15/2016
  • Site fee: $$55 to $59 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: 0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 6/11/2016
  • Potluck time: 5:30pm

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: Flying Dutchman(click to contact)

Additional Info:
------------------------------
Join us for a fun filled Virginia Chapter Rally in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. The Luray KOA (formerly Country Waye Campground) is close to the Luray Caverns, and many nearby attractions and activities.

See a detailed agenda below.

Reservation system is open! Call Jennifer. Her direct cell phone number is (540) 908-9105

Twenty sites have been set aside for our rally, and are held until 5/10/2016.

Luray Rally Agenda

Thursday, 6/9

For early arrivals, dinner at [restaurant]. Dutch treat. TBD

Friday, 6/10

6:00pm – 8:00pm Meet and Greet. Location – Yurt
Bring finger food or hors d’oeuvre to share of your choice, and your beverage

Saturday, 6/11

8:00am – 9:30am Breakfast. Location - Yurt
Club provides Scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, coffee and juice. You may bring a breakfast dish to share (not required).

Own activities during the day, enjoy the area and visit with friends

4:00pm till - Wine and Cheese Social. Club to provide cheese and crackers. Bring your wine and glass. Location yurt.

5:55pm Group photo
, location to be announced. Wear T shirt if you have one

6:15pm – 7:30pm
Dinner. Location – Yurt

Club is providing the meat (hamburgers and hot dogs). Bring a side dish, or a dessert, to share. Bring your own beverage.

7:30pm to ? Door prizes
and games.

Sunday, 6/12

8:00am – 9:30am Light continental breakfast. Danish/donuts and coffee

Those departing, Safe Travels and Good Health until we meet again.

6:00pm For those staying: Choice of a potluck, or, eat out at a restaurant. TBD

***HEARTLAND GIVES BACK
initiative will be to support the Oral Cancer Cause organization. ***

See post #97

Attachments

• Luray Attendee List.docx
    13.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Looks like back to back rallies for us ---Virginia and then to Maryland...Woo-hoo!!!!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Holy Cow Eric. Carol & I go away for two weeks and come back to find you've booked a rally for us. GREAT!! I'm about 85% sure we will be there. Should be 100% sure by the time the campground opens up registration in December.

Thanks for what I know will be another fun-filled gathering. Just keep us posted.

Dean-Pam

This sounds like fun. Pam and I hope to attend and should know when the registration is open in December. Thanks Eric!

klindgren

This sounds like fun. Pam and I hope to attend and should know when the registration is open in December. Thanks Eric!

Hey, Great. Maybe we can camp next to each other again like we did in Goshen. Looking forward to it.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Everything is up and in place to make your reservations. If you call the KOA 800 number, ask to be transferred to the Luray KOA. The (540) 908-9105 number is direct to Luray KOA, just ask for Jennifer. Better yet, Jennifer's direct cell phone number is (540) 908-9105. This is the best number to reach Jennifer especially if you call before March which is their official "opening" time as she is "out and about" from the office getting the campground prepared.

Looking forward to having all of you come and enjoy Luray, and the Shenandoah Valley area of Virginia.

TxCowboy

If we still lived in the NoVA/DC area, we'd definitely be at this rally. Love the entire area, particularly Skyline Drive during the Spring and Fall.

Y'all have fun! :)

Dean-Pam

Eric - I spoke to Jennifer today and we have reservations, arriving June 9th, departing June 13th. She didn't give me a site number, but it is one of the pull-through sites. Looking forward to the rally!

Flying Dutchman

Dean and Pam, it will be great camping with you again. Have also heard from Carol and Terrel who made reservations earlier.

klindgren

I called Jennifer yesterday after Dean and Pam reminded me. We are all set in one of the longer pull-throughs because of our BHT (Big Honking Trailer). We arrive on Wednesday the 8th and depart on Sunday the 12th. I wanted to stay until the 13th but I have Dr.s app't . Gonna be a fun time in the old town in June!!!!

Flying Dutchman

Would not be a great rally if Santa and Mrs. Clause were not there, hope you are well rested by then. Also glad that Lyle and Nancy are joining us, it will be great seeing you both again.

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
Just to give you fair warning. . . we are coming. Called Jennifer today. She was in Alabama. Said she'll be back tomorrow and I can get my site number then. Can't wait to see you guys. Looking forward to the usual good time.

jnbhobe

Got our reservations with Jennifer a few minutes ago. We will come in on 6/8 and leave on the 12th. See Ya then.

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
The Zinter's are registered! Arriving Friday 6/10, departing Sunday 6/12. Attending only the rally dates because we will be going to the MD Rally the next weekend and we both still have to work :(. Site #22.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Eric & Dorothy, Santha and I will be there for the Rally. Santha has not heard back from the campground yet.
We plan on being there from Wednesday to Sunday. Looking forward to the Rally. Let us know what we can
do to help. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Flying Dutchman

Now we are talking! Santha and her margarita machine are coming!! You should be safe Randy, as there are not a lot of light houses in the Shenandoah Valley:rolleyes:. So glad that the poodles put us on your rally schedule, we are honored.

Status
Not open for further replies.