water pump siphon hose????

Chief1125

It's my first time winterizing my 2010 Sundance 3200fk tt. I am going the antifreeze route but don't like the idea of putting the antifreeze into the fresh water tank. Does anyone know where the pump is and does it have a siphon hose to place into the af jugs?

jimtoo

Hi Chief1125,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Chief1125

It's my first time winterizing my 2010 Sundance 3200fk tt. I am going the antifreeze route but don't like the idea of putting the antifreeze into the fresh water tank. Does anyone know where the pump is and does it have a siphon hose to place into the af jugs?

I found it inside the water and sewer storage door. Lower left inside a panel (remove 4 screws). Syphon hose was there. I guess it pays to get off the couch and track down the pump noise. Wife toggles pump on and off as I looked.

Gaffer

Do not put antifreeze in the fresh water tank. There is no way to ever get it all out.

Chief1125

Thanks ...i was worried about that even though some said to do it. I used the syphon hose to pump in the af. I just drained the fresh water tank and then cleared the line with a little air in through the fill hole.

Westwind

Warning - should your pump stop siphoning anti-freeze in, but you can hear it running check to be sure the hose isn't kinked - happened to me this year and I almost bought a pump I didn't need.

Chief1125

Thanks.....plumbing all set. Gotta wash and then cover install. Gonna miss it over the winter. Can't wait untill i can use it year round next year. Retirement just around the corner.

Aandaar

Gotta Love California for this reason. I have not winterized any of my RV's in 17 years

This was going to be my Question for a new thread. I too live in Southern Cali {San Diego} I store the rig outdoors on Camp Pendleton. It does get below 32 degrees. What is the consensus on winterizing?

whp4262

If for some reason there is no siphon hose which was the case with older coaches. A flexible sink faucet hose available from any Lowes or Home Depot will fit the inlet side of the pump. Disconnect the inlet hose from the fresh water tank at the pump, connect the faucet hose to the pump and stick the other end in a gallon of anti-freeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk