Carpet replacement on the slideouts??

lpnlady

I have the cyclone 4100 and just wanted to know if anyone has removed the carpet from the slideout in the living room and replaced it with the wood lopking laminate? Pics?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mixie57

OH yes! Just in the past month. Let me get the pics from my husband. I can post the finished product now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mixie57

0efc5a46761a314fac6b5d20054b7070.jpg

We also removed the couch, and the table holes, hated it. Didn't work well for just us 2. The 2 most difficult things were finding the vinyl and figuring out how to trim the edge. I have been meaning to post the mod on the forum but just haven't had time. You should see what we're doing to get ready for 2 months of winter in St. Louis.

lpnlady

We also removed the couch, and the table holes, hated it. Didn't work well for just us 2. The 2 most difficult things were finding the vinyl and figuring out how to trim the edge. I have been meaning to post the mod on the forum but just haven't had time. You should see what we're doing to get ready for 2 months of winter in St. Louis.

Looks good! Cant see close enough to tell...Did you put some kind of edging on it? Also thinking about doing the stairs to bedroom

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

rxbristol

LOVE those chairs!

- - - Updated - - -

Below is what I posted in another thread:

Installed new carpet in the living room slides. We picked the carpet, ordered it and had them cut in in half before we brought it back to the rig. Did rough cut measurements and took it back to have the edges bound. Ripped out the old carpet and used it as a template to cut the new one. Installed padding, fine tuned the cuts, and stapled it down.

IMG_9034.jpg

rxbristol

It is thick. Since it is such a small area, we went with some of the best quality carpet we could find. The cost difference is very small due to the area being covered.

MagnoliaTom

Very nice! Looks like it should've come that way from the factory

mixie57

Working on the write up for how we did it. Watch for post in next couple days.

Tundra2084

Can't wait to see the how to instructions. We have been looking at the 4mm vinyl click flooring at Home Depot and seriously looking for something that will look good. Ĺove the look and ease of cleaning seeing how we have 3 long haired furkids.

ncc1701e

I think i just found my next project. Our carpet in getting rough. Really looking forward to the detail information.