water leak in kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone else mentioned this in the General section, so I thought I would put it here. We have a 4012 and have had leaks in the kitchen area twice now during rainstorms, in which water comes in from the refrigerator cover outside, and runs into the kitchen. Has this been experienced by anyone else, and is there anything that can be done to alleviate the problem?
-JR Coffey

Also have wet carpet near the edges of the slides when they are pulled in after it rains, though the slides appear to be tight against the walls. I am quite concerned about this, I don't need rotten carpet and floors on a $60k rv.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I've been in some pretty nasty wind and rain recently in eastern Oklahoma and, thankfully, I haven't had any leaks - (knocking on wood). I have read about water coming from the fridge during a rain, but don't recall a remedy. I haven't yet closed the slides with them wet. Water inside the RV = valid concern.

Uncle Rog

Howdy, you might be able to improvise some kind of "hood" for the fridge vent that you can use in bad weather, I have never had this problem with any unit before and they all have had the same cover. We have never had to roll 'em up either during or immediately after a big deluge so water intrusion has not been an issue.........

Thanks for the replies, and I think I miscommunicated what I mentioned about the slides. I meant that "with the slides closed to begin with" there is wet carpet near the edges. It came across as "after I put the slides in while wet". Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I initially thought the slides weren't closing tight enough against the sides of the RV, but the dealer has looked at it and adjusted them so that they are tight as they can go. So with the slides closed, when it rains, there is wet carpet inside the RV at the edges of the slides.

thanks,
-JR

StevieWonder

My first look would be at the seals themselves on the slides. Any gaps? deformations? tears? I'd bet there is something amiss with the seals themselves.

NOT good for water to be in the unit.

If you can't find something obvious, I'd make a QUICK trip to a dealer. They should be able to hose the unit down while searching from the inside for the source.

racermom

I posted not to long ago that this has happened to us during a recent rain storm. We have our camper at the dealer now for some warranty work and mentioned this to them. They have only had a couple other customers complain about this and they are looking into adding a possible hood without actually blocking off the vents.

Will let you know what remedy they come up with. We should have the camper back next weekend.

G

gregd

Have you contacted the dealership? Has the dealership contacted our Service Center? I will forward this information to our Service Center.

I had the dealer adjust the slides the last time we were in, that didn't seem to help. I have not brought up the issue of the leak under the refrigerator. It seems that every time my RV goes to the dealer to get one thing fixed, it takes 3 trips and something else gets broken in the process. Feel free to PM me for specifics of that issue.

thanks,
JR Coffey

Status
Not open for further replies.