Best Location to get best price - 3650BH

Glazed4az

Anyone who wants to comment on this would be appreciated. I live in Arizona but will travel to get an awesome deal.

Anyone?

thanks
E

jimtoo

Hi Glazed4az,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You will get lots of suggestions on locations. Maybe call HeartlandRV (574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032) and ask for dealers in your area and go from there.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The best price is not always the best buy . . .

Personally, I prefer to buy locally.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Find the HL MSRP sheet for the 3650BH on the forum. Download it and build your coach. Add up all the options you want plus the base price. Take that total and subtract 30% from that number. Then go shopping.

GOTTOYS

The LaMesa dealers in AZ had some super prices online on their 2015 close outs. I would travel anywhere within reason for an exceptional price. I bought my last one from a fairly local dealer and got terrible service from them. Buying locally at a higher price is no guaranty that you will get good service. Just look online and see who has the best price....Don

danemayer

Before buying from a distant dealer, you should check around for service facilities who will handle your warranty repairs. You may do best with an independent service shop, but check to see if they are authorized by Heartland to do warranty service. If they're not, you may be able to get Heartland to authorized them. There may also be a local Heartland dealer, but don't assume they will handle your warranty work if you buy elsewhere. Check with them. Most RV dealers have way too much service work and give preference to their own customers.

The LaMesa dealers in AZ had some super prices online on their 2015 close outs. I would travel anywhere within reason for an exceptional price. I bought my last one from a fairly local dealer and got terrible service from them. Buying locally at a higher price is no guaranty that you will get good service. Just look online and see who has the best price....Don

I'm with Don on this one. We bought from a local dealer, a big one, shopped RV Wholesalers and found we could have saved about 4 grand. Bought locally anyway thinking we would get better warranty service. Wrong. First trip out the awning had issues and it was all I could do to get it fixed. LOVE our North Trail but will shop price next time.

Last edited:

brianlajoie

We made the decision to buy on line and use a certified RVIA/RVDA independent tech. I have found that the front range here in Colorado, prices start out higher than other parts of the country. I tried to buy local, but the play book I found each dealer using was full MSRP and then lower it less than 10% to make you feel you are getting a good deal. When I bought my rig on line, I made sure that I had a thorough PDI and planned to never see the dealer again (and I haven't). I liked the fact that my trailer was moved less than 100 miles from the manufacturer so there was less road wear and tear than a trailer moved more than 1,000 miles. I also like that fact that the timing of when the trailer was built and when I bought, I bought for more than 40% off MSRP. In my opinion, if you want that awesome deal, then you need to be prepared to be responsible for your decision with a thorough PDI and be prepared to do some of the maintenance yourself and not rely on dealers. Happy hunting!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
One thing to remember. Dealers make up their own MSRP's/window stickers. The HL MSRP's is what HL says they should sell for. Which is giving the dealer close to 25-30% profit.

Mburtsvt

Find the HL MSRP sheet for the 3650BH on the forum. Download it and build your coach. Add up all the options you want plus the base price. Take that total and subtract 30% from that number. Then go shopping.

Exactly what we did for our new Landmark. It took three dealers and a few months for the order to be placed, (I have the time), but in the end it was a price I can live with. Using the MSRP sheets, (especially if you are ordering), works out the best.

Cjackg

We special ordered our 2015 Cyclone 3110 from Big Daddy RVs in London, Ky and got a much better price than we found anywhere else, including the far north dealers.
We picked it up in KY with no false assumptions about followup service, did the full PDI, then left and never went back. The few minor repairs we have needed were done with a local repair shop and I have no regrets about buying Online... Yes, I would buy from Big Daddy RVs again.

Heartland customer service has helped us out in getting minor issues resolved several times.

jimtoo

PDI= Pre Delivery Inspection. When you go to pickup your unit, you want to do a PDI. It will usually take 2--4 hours. You need to have tech show you how to operate, open, close, turn on, turn off, run slides in and out, test everything. Water, A/C, all electrical, televisions, anything and everything needs to be tested.

Some people, most I think, do not sign final papers until PDI is complete and any adjustments or repairs are done to their satisfaction.

You will get more info from our other members also.

Jim M