Bathroom Fan

I am currently the owner of a 28BH, in the bathroom the fan is in the vent with a small black button on a box located within the vent, why wasn't the fan wired to a switch on the wall similar to the light switch to turn it on?

irvin56

Mine is switched

I have a 09/ 31qbs and my fan is on a wall switch along with on fan itself. Do you not have a second light switch in bathroom??:confused:

M

Mcreech

All our bathroom's will have 2 switches on the wall. One for the light and one for the Fan....I even checked with my production manager, thinking maybe we didn't do that at the very begining, and then switched to it later but everyone i checked with before writing this stated that we put the fan on a switch from the begining on North Trail....So you should have it

It is exactly as I describe with the bathroom fan in the vent with a small black button located on the box within the vent, there is only one switch on the wall which is the light switch. I found this stange as a child would not be able to reach the button. My Fifthwheel is a 2009, North Trail 28BH. If you like I can send you pictures.

Last edited:
M

Mcreech

Camper's Forever,

I'm sorry, when I spoke I was thinking you had a TT North Trail....You are correct on the FW there is not a switch....The Trailers and FW are built on two different production lines here at Heartland and I'm really not 100% sure why we aren't doing a seperate switch for the vent fan.......However, I will be asking the question to our engineers.....Again I'm sorry for the confusion

Mike

Thanks Mike,
Would it be possible to get a drawing of the wiring in the bathroom so I can install a fan switch myself or hook the fan to into the light switch? also were can I obtain a wall switch that looks like the light switch already in place so both switches look the same? This would give my son the ability to turn the fan on.

cjbearden

Visitor
MaxxFan with Remote

Campers Forever

In our new Augusta, we had the same bathroom fan you described so part of our trade deal included replacing that fan with the MaxxFan with Remote (our dealer is associated with Camping World so easy switch on the fan)

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/...ssories/MaxxFan-w/-Remote--White/skunum=35085

Something to consider if you don't want to fool with the wiring issues. This type of fan will also allow us to run fan for circulation if needed while traveling because the lid does not extend as high as standard vent covers normally sit. The position of the bathroom vent fan in the Augusta is near the apex height of the RV and we wanted to be sure we had sufficient clearance when passing under overpasses. Just passing along what works for us. We placed the remote on the column which houses the light switch for the light over the commode.

Johnp322

Air direction on bathroom fan

I also have a question on the bathroom fan, is it supposed to push air out or into the bathroom. I always thought it should exhaust the air out of the trailer but mine spins to push air into the trailer.

John

lightfire

I also have a question on the bathroom fan, is it supposed to push air out or into the bathroom. I always thought it should exhaust the air out of the trailer but mine spins to push air into the trailer.

John

Did you try reversing the wires to the fan?

M

Mcreech

The fan should be spinning counter clock wise, if its not then I would say the wires are crossed. You can get to the wires by removing that shroud...