BC Chapter fall Rally

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader

Sept. 12-14, 2008

Lets set this date for the BC Chapter Heartland Rally.
Now we need a place to go. Somewhere between the Lower Mainland and the Interior.
It could be Merritt, Prinecton, or Manning park.
Lets talk it up and see where we want to meet for a fun weekend, Heartland style.
Rand

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
hey Rand, can a yank from Bellingham come to your rally? We are hoping to be back home by then. (well, actually, I am) Lizzy loves S. Texas and it will be a chore to drag her kicking and screaming back to the grey damp Northwest. But if we are there at that time, we would love to come. She was raised in Coquitlam, but has transplanted down here since she and I got together. So at least one of us would be a Canuck.
Fred

sailorand

Cirrus
Thanks for the vote for Manning Park. we love it too. Cold Water is our favorite. What other suggestions folks. Some committment would be nice also if I have to book a park.
John
Yes, Any yank can come to the rally. The weather is starting to get somewhat warmer now, not what it would be in Texas, but spring has finally sprung. A lot later than usual.

Sounds,like a great idea Meritt, Princeton area is a very good area,campsites at Manning Park are quite small for these bigger rigs Monk Prov Park just north of Merrit is very nice that time of Year, in the new section, sites are quite large, I will keep looking around,sorry we missed the dinner, my wife is a teacher, and that time of the year is very busy, we will be going south to Calf and up the Oregon Coast for two weeks starting next week end, I will see if we see anymore Heartland product down their.

gronberg

merrit

Sounds,like a great idea Meritt, Princeton area is a very good area,campsites at Manning Park are quite small for these bigger rigs Monk Prov Park just north of Merrit is very nice that time of Year, in the new section, sites are quite large, I will keep looking around,sorry we missed the dinner, my wife is a teacher, and that time of the year is very busy, we will be going south to Calf and up the Oregon Coast for two weeks starting next week end, I will see if we see anymore Heartland product down their.
We just went to Merrit, unfortunately all campsites are full and we end up at Walmart, even there it was hard to turn with the big rig and we became a huge target which made everyone dropped their jaws.

sailorand

BC Fall Heartland Rally. September 12-14, 2008. Will be held at Coldspring Campground in Manning Park, BC

Coldspring campground has many larger campsites that can accommodate our larger rigs.
Coldspring is just to the west of the Manning Park Lodge about 1 mile. There is water available in the campground, but I would bring your drinking water, as all parks have a boil water advisory.
Everyone is welcome to come, even our U.S. friends and neighbors.
This time of year the weather should be great. Keep your fingers crossed.
Come earlier and stay later.
Beverly and I should be there Wed. Sept. 10 and probably leave on the Monday.
Please advise us if you are coming.

Cirrus

My wife Kathy and I will try very hard to be there. You don't have to fill your water tank up before leaving for Manning Park as the RV dump station with separate fresh water fill is located about 1.5 KM's past Coldspring campground (east).
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2537&d=1215486922

Here is a recent picture of us bringing our new to us 2007 Sundance 2800RLS home. This picture is at Powder River Pass (Wyoming) at an altitude of 9666' The truck and trailer performed great...and we are loving the new RV.
Paul

Attachments

• picture100.jpg
    picture100.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:

sailorand

Rog
where are you going. BC is to the north and you can cross at Sumas on the west side or Osoyoos on the east side to get to our rally...

HarryT

Travelin Toews'
Coldspring sounds great! We'll be there. I'm not sure whether we'll be early or not cause we have a family outing planned for around that time at the Douglas Lake Ranch. It should be either the week before or right after but during the week, not the weekend.
If the water is good at the dump station that would be great not having to travel with a full tank.

sailorand

Harry
Looking forward to meeting you. We really love Coldspring campground. We have used the dumpstaion a few times and it is easy to get in and out of.
Rand

HarryT

Travelin Toews'
I was just wondering whether it would be a good idea to bring along a generator as it might get a little cold at night that time of year. I imagine the elevation is somewhere between 3,000 & 4,000 ft ASL.
Any thoughts?

sailorand

Harry
I will have my genorator with me, but will most likely not need it. Last year when we were there about the same time the weather was great even at night. We use down a comforter also. Our four 6 volt batteries will keep us going for a week at least.

sailorand

I have been getting some PM's on the Rally. Looks like we will have more than a couple of units there. But We need more to commit to coming!! Let us know here or PM me

jpmorgan37

Hey Rog;

Hook up that Bighorn and come on up. Sue and I are planning to go. Would love to meet you in person.

John