Michelin Defender tire..

Mullins

Anyone out there have or ever had the Michelin Defender (fairly new tire) on the tow vehicle? if so, what was your experience with them? I thought I would try them for the first time and just wondering if anyone has them..

Thank You for your input..:cool:

Yes I just bought a set two weeks ago LT275/70R18 for my Tundra and they are sweet. The ride is smoother than most LT tires and have excellent rain shed quality. I had p metric tires before these and it made a new truck out of it including the steering much better response. I have not had a chance to tow with them yet but highway driving has been very nice with little to no noise. I'm a research freak and these won out in all my pros and cons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geodude

I too had them put on my F-350 last week. I haven't towed with them yet but have two trips over the next two weekends, so will report back. Solo driving, in town, I find they offer a more composed/smoother ride. DW noticed it too.

I had the OEM Michelin LTX AT/2s on the truck and set out to get the same again, but those are on the way out. My dealer said the Defender would be a better tire for my application and would be slightly better in the snow due its tread design. I usually put snow tires on my truck but don't plan to this year. He said it will certainly run quieter on the highway.