Garage D-Ring tie downs

tronqui

We have the RW310, purchased in June of 2015. We picked up a Prowler 1000 UTV, on our first trip out with the UTV in the garage one of the D rings broke while we were strapping it down. The ring pulled right out of the housing.

This makes me very nervous, seeing that we have 3 inches from the front of the UTV to the sliding glass door. It needs to be securely tied down. Trailer is currently at the dealer for a list of warranty work, fixing the Dring is one of them.

Do they make stronger Drings? Mine are rated at 1200 pounds. Does Heartland make/offer a stronger anchor? The dealer will only install what the factory will provide, is there an option to upgrade?.

Nbomar

Re: Garage Dring tie downs

My road warrior has ripped 2 d rings apart. Not sure the answer to this but curious what others say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEFVET

I did not feel the D rings were adequate enough and needed more tie down options the attached MODs are how I corrected the situation. You can purchase this beveled aluminum track from Amazon or Ebay. They are secured through the frame in many places.
IMG_0751.jpgIMG_0752.jpgIMG_0753.jpgIMG_0754.jpgIMG_0755.jpgIMG_0756.jpgIMG_0757.jpg

BLHFUN

My road warrior has ripped 2 d rings apart. Not sure the answer to this but curious what others say.

i have added a few D Rings to the right side of my garage, but have never ripped one out. My Harley is over 900 pounds and my 4 wheeler is over 500 and haven't had any issues. Is the D breaking, or ripping out the wood? Miy D Rings are also through the steel support beams below the wood

Nbomar

i have added a few D Rings to the right side of my garage, but have never ripped one out. My Harley is over 900 pounds and my 4 wheeler is over 500 and haven't had any issues. Is the D breaking, or ripping out the wood? Miy D Rings are also through the steel support beams below the wood

The d rings themselves are ripping apart. I put SxS in mine that are 2000+lbs. I've never had the base pull out of the floor, just the ring rip off. A big dip or a bridge at 70 mph throws the back of the camper around pretty violently I guess.

tronqui

The ring itself pulled through the medal housing. No damage to the floor. The ring was not wielding together.

jdamude

I did not feel the D rings were adequate enough and needed more tie down options the attached MODs are how I corrected the situation. You can purchase this beveled aluminum track from Amazon or Ebay. They are secured through the frame in many places.
View attachment 41161View attachment 41162View attachment 41163View attachment 41164View attachment 41165View attachment 41166View attachment 41167

Looks great. What do you carry in your toy hauler? Make sure you sign up for the Ontario Rally, would be nice to see you again.

OEFVET

554f1460d47a6b2984bb6b0d96ca2f60.jpg

Sent by NY Horse Holder

whp4262

We have the RW310, purchased in June of 2015. We picked up a Prowler 1000 UTV, on our first trip out with the UTV in the garage one of the D rings broke while we were strapping it down. The ring pulled right out of the housing.

This makes me very nervous, seeing that we have 3 inches from the front of the UTV to the sliding glass door. It needs to be securely tied down. Trailer is currently at the dealer for a list of warranty work, fixing the Dring is one of them.

Do they make stronger Drings? Mine are rated at 1200 pounds. Does Heartland make/offer a stronger anchor? The dealer will only install what the factory will provide, is there an option to upgrade?.

Check eBay and Amazon, you can get heavier D-rings and they aren't hard to install.

iwest7

I appreciate everyone posting their concerns with the D rings. We traveled ~3K (we are weekenders) miles in our RW425 since last August and after reading this forum I will pay extra attention to the D rings. We travel with a Polaris RZR 1000 XP with a weight ~2K lbs. I ensure that the razor is tied down with 4 ratchet straps. All four ratchet straps pull the UTV towards the middle of the garage. The UTV has never moved even with the trailer sitting ~2-3" higher in the nose. We have ~1-1/2" of clearance in the front and rear of the UTV. The Polaris razor is decked out with a lift kit and oversize tires and it fits like a glove.