RW310 - End of Season Thoughts

tronqui

We purchased our 2015 RW310 from Sierra RV in June. We finished the season with 12 separate camping trips from short 40 miles away weekend trips to long 9 day trips a few hundred miles away. The point I'm trying to make is, we used our RW310 alot this year.

We are very pleased with the overall quality of the trailer. It is harder to comment on the value at this time. I originally had made the decision to purchase a Keystone Carbon 5th wheel, however for approximately 5,000 more I feel we got a higher quality product. (I still think the Carbon is a good product.)

Yes, we have a list of items that need to be addressed under warranty now that the camping season is over. We spent a considerable amount of money on our coach, before doing that I did months of research on 5th wheel toy haulers. Watching videos, reading forums, visiting many dealers, asking friends, etc.

Yes, I would recommend this product to my friends and family. I'LL REPORT BACK AFTER THE WARRANTY WORK HAS BEEN COMPLETED AND COMMENT MORE ON THE VALUE. For potential Road Warrior / Heartland customers , sharing my experiences should be very valuable.

tronqui

November Update:

We drove up to Sierra RV to inspect the work they have completed for the warranty work on our RW310. A handful of the issues were completed, some are still waiting for authorization.

The heat duct was not attached to the heater vent in the bedroom. We realized this during our first cold night in the high Unitas. No air flow was coming out of the vent. Work order stated it was fixed, our inspection proved other wise. After some encouragement, this will be re evaluated.

Looking for some input from owners please. Can you feel the air flow from the heater vent in your bedroom? We can feel a little heat but no actual air flow like the other vents in the coach.

Another question we have is related to your couch. Ours was hitting and damaging the wall when the recliner was reclined, normal use. This was fixed based on the work order aswell. During the inspection we noticed none of the sections of the couch was secured to the floor, and the L shaped section top piece and middle section moves enough to hit the back wall. Does anyone else's couch sections do these things? We don't recall our couch doing this in the 5 months we used it. We would really appreciate your input.

Last edited:

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
That is great that they are taking care of the warranty work that needs to get done! Although I do not have a RW 310, you should be able to feel warm are coming out of the heat ducts wherever they are located in the rig. The further from the furnace and fan motor, the air flow will be less, but you should still (even in the garage) feel some warm airflow coming out.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about your L couch, so therefore I am unable to comment other than it sounds like they might have mounted them too close to the wall so that when you are driving down the road, they sit there and rub. Maybe have the dealership move the mounts out about 1/4 of an inch.

Rod

tronqui

January 2016 Update

The trailer is still in the shop. Warranty work has not been completed yet. We have not checked the status of any of the repairs since November.

Sierra RV left a message yesterday stating 2 of the parts they have been waiting for (window & awning parts) arrived but we're the wrong part.