Campground in Wyoming

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I'm looking for any info on BIG-RIG-CYCLONE-PULL-THRU-FRIENDLY campgrounds in the Douglas, Wyoming area! Is that really asking too much? I'll be taking a new job, starting in June, so it'll be time to head north with the Cyclone - soon. The job is scheduled to run until (at least) October. It's gonna get c-o-l-d! The project is near Douglas, but I definitely plan on probably having to stay 50/60 miles away, at least. Just not much around that area that I can find.

(I don't have an exact start date, as of this posting, but I requested 18 June so it wouldn't interfere with the Branson Rally. :D;) My parents' 50th anniversary get-together is the weekend before - so I'm really hoping the 18th is fine with them.)

The only places I've found so far were KOA. The Douglas KOA is currently full and not taking names. The Casper KOA has long-term sites available - back-in only, up against a fence! :( Not the perfect site to get the Harley in and out. :eek:

I knew this would be the place to ask! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
When I had to go to Meeker Co. for a project, I found that all the RV Parks, that were listed on line were full. One park operator told me that he had people lined up, down the road, waiting for someone to move out. I asked if he knew of anyplace that might accomodate us. He gave me the name and phone number of a place to try. We ended up staying behind an Italian Rest for 6 months. The owner had installed 11 spaces in the back. Not many amenities, but had full hook-ups and low rent, including the cable tv. Most operators would not mind giving you info like that, even though it is a competitor, if they know they don't have space for you. Not all RV parks have a web site and asking a local is the only way you are going to find out about them.
Good Luck
Fred

osims

bsims
We pulled into a small rv park in Wheatland Wy. on the way to Montana and then again on the way home. Don't remember the name and it was just a place park, but had full hook ups, mainly remember the people that ran the park were extremely nice. It is only about 300yards off I-25. Can't recall how far that is to Douglas.