DETERMINED: Does the Road Warrior posted pin weight include the Generator?

hboy1

Probably a dumb question, but I have spent a lot of time on heartland rv web site looking at different floor plans Heartland makes. Some rigs the generator is an option. With Road Warrior it looks standard.

I have come across a lot of discrepancies with the specs on the Heartland web site when comparing that data to actual units for sale (ie; 40 gal grey water, when actual units for sale list 82 gal).

I'd like to post this in the "ask the factory" thread, but I am not an owner and have no VIN to post there, but it would be GREAT if the factory could answer this. The sales persons I have spoken to cannot provide a consistent/credible answer.

Just wondering with Road Warrior, is the pin weight posted online for the respective trailers include the weight of the generator? I don't know much about these rigs, and the generator looks to be nearly 300lbs.

Thank you.

By the way, I have gotten some great feedback from RW owners on specific questions/rigs. Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

hoefler

Re: Does the posted pin weight include the Generator?

The specs are for base units without options. Units on the lot have options added and the weights show that. As far as the grey tanks, most likely they are 40 gal, but have 2 of them, thus the 80 gal spec.

JanAndBill

The specs are for base units without options. Units on the lot have options added and the weights show that. As far as the grey tanks, most likely they are 40 gal, but have 2 of them, thus the 80 gal spec.

The weight of options aren't added until they are actually mounted. If you mount a generator in front of the trailer axles the weight addition to the pin weight would increase. The amount of the increase would depend on the distance forward of the trailer axles.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

The generator is listed as standard, not an option so the pin weight listed would be with the gen installed.
Not all of the RW models have the pin weight specified on the Hrvs web site.
Keep in mind that when you load some toys in the back that will most likely reduce the pin weight some.
If you have specific questions I suggest that you call Heartland and ask for the RW sales team.
877-262-8032

Peace
Dave

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance

Yes the generator is a STD. feature on the RW and that is included into the pin weight.

thank,

AJ