black tank smell through front air conditioner

I have a 2014 Landmark San Antonio that gives off a very strong black tank smell through the ducted air conditioning system when the front air is running and the toilet is flushed. This only happens when the front air is running and the smell is instant through the whole coach.Any help would be appreciated.

jbeletti

I have a 2014 Landmark San Antonio that gives off a very strong black tank smell through the ducted air conditioning system when the front air is running and the toilet is flushed. This only happens when the front air is running and the smell is instant through the whole coach.Any help would be appreciated.

I suggest you remove the tank vent caps to see if the 1-1/2" vent pipe is too short and open to the roof area.

rxbristol

I also have a 2014 San Antonio. Pull off the vent caps and seal the area between the pipe and roof. This solved all our problems.

hoefler

The return area of the A/C is not sealed off from the attic. Pull down the inside trim and take a look. If you can see into the attic, it is not sealed. The tank vents are just sticking through the roof with the vent cap just covering it and not sealed off from the attic.

jbeletti

A month ago, when I installed four 360 Siphons on the roof of my coach, I found all four of my vent pipes to be well sealed at the roof line.

Then, just a couple weeks back, when assisting a friend (Nabo) to install their 360 Siphons, we found their vent pipes to not be sealed at the roof line. In fact, we found some stink bugs in the gap. This means the stink bugs could possibly transit the inside of the roof system. The OEM tank vent caps are not screened and the vent pipes do not "connect" to the vent caps.

I am not familiar with the Cyclone product so I can't speak to it. I am familiar with the 360 Siphon product. It comes with this adapter item that slips tightly over the vent pipe and the cap then fits onto that. This means that on Nabo's install, we didn't need to seal around the pipe as we essentially took the pipe to the 360 Siphon in a tight sealed fashion. The 360 Siphon also has a built-in screen, so no bugs or debris can enter the vent pipe/tank.