Wrinkled carpet when slider closed

flamingknitter

Hi all. I need some advice. I have a new Landmark Augusta which I believe is a 2008. When the long slider with the couch and table is closed the carpet rolls and wrinkles when it hits the center island. Any one have a solution or a work around? The dealer seems baffled about what to do. When the slider is out the carpet remains wrinkled and is a tripping hazard.

TIA,
Marybeth Laguna

jpmorgan37

Most of us that have the Landmarks with the island have the carpet from the slide bunch up when the slide is closed. When the slide is opened, the carpet will flatten out in a short amount of time, usually less than an hour, if it's been sitting closed for a long time or a few minutes if its only been a day or two. We have been in ours 2 1/2 years and it has never been a problem. If you are concerned about it, put a carpet runner over it. It will help protect the carpet in that area that gets the heavy use.

John

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
We have the 3670, which is the same layout as your Augusta. Ours does that same thing, but as jp says, it flattens out in no time at all. We have almost all of our carpet covered with rugs. The living room with a 5'x6' and runners in the dining room and at the foot of the bed. We figure they are a lot cheaper to replace than the carpet on the floor.
Fred

flamingknitter

Thanks! That is very reassuring. I am taking my "maiden voyage" tomorrow, so that is one less thing to freak out about. This forum is a great place. Glad I found it.

Marybeth

Delaine and Lindy

We have the 2009 Landmark Augusta and had the same problem. Had the dealer cut about 1 inch off the opposite side. Now the carpet does what its suppose to do. Ours was the 3rd Landmark Augusta they have had to do. Maybe Heartland should take a look at this problem. Would save money in carpet and repairs. GBY.......

Cybercamper

Landmark Owner
Same problem on our Augusta. When we move our slide in my wife runs the button and I lift the edge of the carpet so it goes up when it hits the island. It seams to fall right back into place when the slide goes out. I hope this helps.

flamingknitter

I took my trailer out on it's "maiden voyage". When the guy closed it up after our walk through the carpet was jammed under the cabinet and not folded. The most severely wrinkled spot never settled down. There were a few other little problems so I took it back to dealership for tweaking.
The tech said that it has be folded up as mentioned before, so that is what I will do in the future. I'm not sure cutting it would help since there is about 4 inches of overlap. Something the Heartland people can work on in the future.

Over all, my first trip was a great success. It was easy to pull as I went over the Sierra's coming and going. Only had 7 minor things that needed fixing. Next trip is the end of May, whoooo hoooo.

Again, thanks for the help. I see carpet runners in my future!

Marybeth

jpmorgan37

Another thing that we learned. We got one of the plastic runner with the "spikes" on the bottom and when we get ready to close the slide over the carpet, place the runner on the carpet so that the slide goes over it. It will save the carpet so that the slide or roller don't cause wear spots on it while traveling.

John