Remove Olevia TV for winter storage

regan

Regan
I just took the cover off my BigHorn, and started getting everything back in operation. I found the TV would turn on, however it would not respond to controls at the TV or with the remote. The Olevia folks were very helpful, I highly recomend their tech support. They had me remove the TV from the coach, and bring it in the house, we got it working again but the warning they gave is this: If you winterize your coach, take the TV out, and store in a dry and preferably warm area that will not freeze, or you may permanantly damage your TV. None

regan

Regan
P.s.

Its also a good time to write down your serial number and firmware number for future updates, as you cant see those numbers when it is attached to the wall unit.:D

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
That sounds like you got some good service. Would you include the telephone number for the company and who you spoke with. That would help some of us if we needed service.

kd5dea

I know this thread is a little old, but be sure you remove the television if you take your rig in for service and they are going to have it a while. My Olevia LCD was stolen from our 3912 along with 20 others on the Dealer's lot! Needless to say, I learned my lesson.

kd5dea

If only, it is covered under your insurance, not theirs since it was in for service. The insurance paid off though. Covered everything minus my deductible which was enough for a new TV (which I still haven't gotten one yet since it is in storage). I do recommend Progressive, they are pretty good and handled it well. Of course, I'll find out next year if my rates go up!

dglatta

Thanks for this interesting post. I left my Olevia in my Bighorn all last winter with subzero Iowa temperatures with no ill results. Now I'm wondering if I should chance it again!:confused:

grizzlygiant

I,too, leave my Olivia in the coach all winter without any ill effects. Of course it has not gotten below minus 10 F. Maybe if it really gets cold we will have trouble???

ct0218

I don't think the 18 wheelers that haul the TV's to dealers across the country use heated trailers. One of my neighbors winterizes his home here in the mountains every winter, and it gets to -10, and he has 2 plasmas and a LCD--never had a problem.