Winterizing issue

keepcalm

Having an issue on our 2011 BC3250TS pumping antifreeze through the lines - with the water heater drained and then set to "bypass" but we are only getting antifreeze through the cold water tap and nothing comes through the hot water taps when turned on - hoping for some ideas on how to fix this issue please...

keepcalm

Thanks Dan is that valve in behind the UDC ? If you can post a picture that would be greatly appreciated...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Keepcalm, there is a guide for winterizing water heaters in "Tools" located at the top tool bar.
Here is a link to that info. Look at page 5 and you will see a picture of the crossover valve. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I did the same thing the first time I winterized our old trailer . . .

There should be a valve in front of your water heater that has both blue and red plastic pipe connected to it with the valve in the middle.

That is the one that needs to be opened . . .

When you dewinterize you've got to remember to close that valve as you'll get some very luke warm showers until you do!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
By the way . . . here is a shot of the valve I was talking about.

Notice the vertical pipe that is blue on the bottom and red on top with the valve in the middle?

That is the one that needs to be open when winterizing.

Note that there are two other shut-off valves (one on the red and one on the blue) just to the right of this pipe (not shown in this photo) that must be closed so you don't get anti-freeze in the water heater!

ProwlerWHshutoffValve-P1000759.jpg

keepcalm

Thanks guys perfect - simple fix with great support from this group - much appreciated as this unit new to us...