Do you own a NT 22RBK?

lainest

I sold my pop up (too much work). I think I am going to get a 22RBK. Can anyone give me any advice or feedback on their 22rbk?
I will get a Caliber Edition, the Lightweight strength package for sure. I do not really understand the Pearl Package pros or cons, nor do I understand the front cap option. Please offer any and all advice! Thank you in advance.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Re: Do you own a 22RBK?

We owned a NT 22RBK for a year and a half and loved it. We traded up as we are needing more space for longer trips. We had the front cap on ours and got one with it because of looks only. Neither one of us like the models without it. We had a few small things go wrong with it that I was able to fix myself once Heartland sent the parts. That trailer held up to everything we asked it to do including some off roading every year. If we ever downsized again we would get another NT.

lainest

We owned a NT 22RBK for a year and a half and loved it. We traded up as we are needing more space for longer trips. We had the front cap on ours and got one with it because of looks only. Neither one of us like the models without it. We had a few small things go wrong with it that I was able to fix myself once Heartland sent the parts. That trailer held up to everything we asked it to do including some off roading every year. If we ever downsized again we would get another NT.

Thanks for the response! Is the "front cap" sturdier or some way better than the standard front? If so, how? Is that the dark colored front?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Thanks for the response! Is the "front cap" sturdier or some way better than the standard front? If so, how? Is that the dark colored front?

It looks good . . . is more airodynamic (sp?). . . and is easier to wash and wax!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

I do not know if it is sturdier or not. Yes it is the dark grey-ish looking color. We just liked the way it looked. To me it wasn't anything but that. As far as being easier to keep clean etc, I never noticed that compared to any of the other campers we have owned. If there was a benefit I would say it would be an extra barrier from the outside but I cannot even give a definite answer on that.

JohnD

I do not know if it is sturdier or not. Yes it is the dark grey-ish looking color. We just liked the way it looked. To me it wasn't anything but that. As far as being easier to keep clean etc, I never noticed that compared to any of the other campers we have owned. If there was a benefit I would say it would be an extra barrier from the outside but I cannot even give a definite answer on that.

Our Trail Runner had the aluminum shell with the ridges in it and to clean off the dead bugs I'd have to scrub it by hand with a small hand brush.

The painted front cap on our Prowler is so much easier to clean . . .

I have a long-handled brush that fits on a garden hose that cleans off the front of the trailer in one or two swipes.

That same hose brush was basically useless on our Trail Runner.

Attachments

• TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095204779.jpg
    TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095204779.jpg
    678.1 KB · Views: 15
  • ProwlerInYard-P1000056.jpg
    ProwlerInYard-P1000056.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 16

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

Ok John but now you are getting off topic by comparing a metal/aluminum exterior with the painted front cap. That comparison is not going to help this guy at all.

JohnD

The front of the non-painted North Trails will probably clean just as hard as the aluminum ones do.

F_Goose

Hi lainest:
Are you buying off the dealer lot or ordering it?
We have a 2015 NT, but not the 22RBK. From the current units most dealers have the front cap looks like they are already a standard item; didn't see any without it. The front cap is actually dark brown in color and gives a more upgrade finish look. We ordered ours with all the upgrade packages and several extras and are very pleased with our purchase. We also ordered the 15k AC and I would recommend upgrading to the pillow top mattress as with the standard RV mattress you will be feeling every spring within a couple of years (we looked at 1-2 year used trailers).

The Pearl Package includes: Upgraded Gel Coated Pearl Fiberglass, Premium Graphic Package, Upgraded Black Trim, Black Skirt Metal and Black Diamond Plate.
This probably is an appearance upgrade, but the gel coat finish is a definite must-have. This package will have your trailer looking nicer for many years as the standard fiberglass finish shows it's age after a couple seasons; from the used units we looked at.

You will be happy with your choice of a Heartland North Trail. We definitely are.

We have a 2015 22RBK found a few issues 1) Fiberglass front cap already has spider cracks all over it. 2) found crack in rear extirior wall at corner near roof. 3) sensor for black water reads 2/3 when empty. 3) When removing pannel under stove to access pump for winterization i found it was the garbage storage area from the factory.
We sold our 26ft Premier and downsized to this as my wife and me camp alone. Absolutly love the layout and the size of the bathroom. lots of storage and tows nicely. As far as quality i have owned 4 different brands and found they are all the same" Quantity VS Quality ". I bought this 350 Miles from home so taking it back to dealer is not much of an option. I did loose the tire cover on the trip home and called the dealer ( Camping world Bath NY) and the sales person said they would send me a new one, Never got it