Trying to Winterize residential fridge on a 2016 Landmark

chrizg

Blew out all lines, and put pink stuff in just in case, now trying to winterize the fridge. I know the guides say not to put antifreeze through the fridge, but I want to be sure. I have been trying to get pink out of the water cup filler, but I can't get pink to come out. Have filled up about 2 gallons so far and clear liquid will only come out. What am I doing wrong - why won't pink stuff come out ?

Last edited by a moderator:

jdamude

Blew out all lines, and put pink stuff in just in case, now trying to winterize the fridge. I know the guides say not to put antifreeze through the fridge, but I want to be sure. I have been trying to get pink out of the water cup filler, but I can't get pink to come out. Have filled up about 2 gallons so far and clear liquid will only come out. What am I doing wrong - why won't pink stuff come out ?

We did our trailer today. I think the pink colour is being lost in the filter. I smell of the liquid is pure antifreeze. After we run antifreeze through the lines, I removed the filter. The residue was very pink.

danemayer

The residential refrigerator probably has a water chilling coil that holds at least a quart. The filter holds some too. If you locate the ice maker water feed cutoff, probably near the sink and maybe behind a drawer, you should be able to see the water line and tell if it has antifreeze.

That all said, using compressed air to winterize the refrigerator is what I recommend. If you run antifreeze through the ice maker, you'll likely have quite a mess in the freezer compartment. And sometimes it can be difficult to get rid of the taste of antifreeze from the poly line.

Check out our owner-written Residential Refrigerator Guide for specifics.

chrizg

I used air to empty all the lines then switched to pink. I couldn't understand why I couldn't get pink out of the fridge door. I put at least 2 gallons of pink through the fridge and still came out clear. I guess it was the filter, and the door wouldn't put out water without the filter installed so couldn't try without the filter. I switched back to air for the fridge so I hope everything is ok once spring comes around. Once I switched back to air, it put out maybe a cup of water so I don't think the new fridges have any type of storage tank.