Where is "camping" forum

MTPockets

OK, I post a joke and it is moved to appropriate forum. That's fine.. I see the forum that it is moved to is called "Camping". I look under Forums and I just don't see a forum with that title... Am I just blind? If it's the Camping Forum, where is it? My intention was to post it originally in "Around the Campfire" forum.. Don't find that either, so I posted it under Non-RV related forum... I guess it's as much non RV related as around the campfire related... I'm confused I guess...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Terry, look HERE and scroll about half way down.
You will see "Camping" with a sub forum of "Around the Campfire".

Peace
Dave

MTPockets

Re: Where is "camping" forum

Terry, look HERE and scroll about half way down.
You will see "Camping" with a sub forum of "Around the Campfire".

Peace
Dave
. I clicked and see "Camping Products" and "Campgrounds". Nothing there says "Camping" or "Around the Campfire"

I can get there from the auto redirect, but still don't understand how to get to "Around the Campfire" to make a new post.

- - - Updated - - -

. I clicked and see "Camping Products" and "Campgrounds". Nothing there says "Camping" or "Around the Campfire"

I can get there from the auto redirect, but still don't understand how to get to "Around the Campfire" to make a new post.
. I just found it.... Had no idea it would be so far down. I never scrolled past that first block of forum categories to the vendor area. Why is it apart from all those categories higher up? It took me three years to find it... Guess I'm a slow learner...

jbeletti

Terry,

Below are all the primary forums. I've numbered them for this exercise. What order would you propose?

Thanks for your feedback.

1. GUEST AREA
  2. HANDICAMPERS
  3. THE GIRLS' ROOM
  4. HEARTLAND RVs GENERAL AREA
  5. HEARTLAND SUPPLIERS AREA
  6. CAMPING
  7. TOW VEHICLES
  8. HEARTLAND OWNERS CLUB
  9. HEARTLAND RALLIES
  10. Heartland Brand Communities
  11. HEARTLAND OWNERS ONLINE TOOLS INFORMATION

MTPockets

Jim, I'll give you an opinion later; but, I just now went to the top of this page and clicked "Forum" - That directed me to a list of forums with a heading "Heartland General Forum" - I scroll to the bottom and again, get no further than the General Forum area. No other categories are Shown. I thought I was dreaming, but it just happened again..

avvidclif

I see the same thing, but when you click on Forum at the top of this page you are taken to the "General" forum. Then click on "All Forums" at the top and then go down past the General forum and you will find it.

It would probably make more sense if the Forum tab at the top didn't go to the General forum but to "All Forums" 2cents worth...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Where is "camping" forum

There will be some changes to the forum in the not too distant future.
We hope that the changes will make things easier for people to navigate and understand the forum. A work in progress at this point.
The "Forum" to "All Forums" is one thing I propose to change.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Thanks.... Great service around here, anyone else notice that???

Thanks Clif!

Some forum things I can change, some I use a contractor for and that could take a bit longer. Often times, I'm traveling and who knows when I'll get to it :)

As Dave (cookie) eluded to, we have plans to reorganize the forum to make it easier to navigate and find what you need. This will "likely" happen by the end of Q1-2016.

Also in 2016, we'll migrate from vBulletin 4.x to 5.x This migration will be quite a bit of work and will be done by our contractor. The change between the 2 versions is pretty big and we will work hard to minimize feature loss with work arounds.