FOUND: Where is the water pump (NT 24BHS)?

Kaki5591

I can't find the water pump in our North Trail 24 bhs. I called Heartland and the guy said look under the kitchen sink...nope, not there. I'm preparing to winterize and I need to know where the uptake hose is located for anti-freeze.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: North Trail 24 bhs where is the water pump?

One sure fire way to find the location of your pump is to turn it on and listen for it.
I don't know about your model but I have heard of some pumps located under the bed and others that had to have a panel in the kitchen removed for access.

Peace
Dave

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Our Bunkhouse NorthTrail had the Water pump under the bottom bunk. But that was 7 years ago. Like Dave said, turn it on and listen for it.

Kaki5591

I found it! Under the oven. I opened every access panel I could find...it was in the last one I opened...:eek:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

One sure fire way to find the location of your pump is to turn it on and listen for it.

We did that in our previous Trail Runner last year at an HOC rally trying to find the water pump . . . and that elusive water pump had us take every single access panel inside of the trailer off trying to find it!

Of course, it was under the very last and most unsuspected panel we removed . . . under the couch!

It sounded like it was coming from the other side of the trailer and the only reason we looked under the couch and that panel was due to the fact that it was the only inside panel left that we hadn't looked behind . . . and there it was!

The sound of the water pump didn't sound like it was coming from under the couch, so listening isn't always the best way to locate it!

Booch

Under the couch, where? I've lifted the seats / plywood off, and there's nothing under there. Is there a panel under/under the couch?

- - - Updated - - -

I found it! Under the oven. I opened every access panel I could find...it was in the last one I opened...:eek:

You mean that panel with the air duct on it?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Under the couch, where? I've lifted the seats / plywood off, and there's nothing under there. Is there a panel under/under the couch?

You mean that panel with the air duct on it?
The couch had storage room under it, but at the very end by the rear door there was a wood panel from the floor to the bottom of the couch seat that blocked off the area from there to the end of the couch and the top of the opening was covered with a thin piece of wood that was screwed in to the framework of the couch, creating an enclosed space.

By removing that thin piece of wood, we found the water pump hidden inside of that space.

Funny, my dealership had no problem winterizing it when I took it in, but they would never tell me where the water pump was at when I asked them several times!

I think there was duct work running through there, but I don't remember for sure.