FOUND: Ice maker water shut-off (Road Warrior)

Shawn730

Purchased a new 2015 road warrior 420 this last Saturday. Got home and hooked up the water and a day and a half later no ice. The refer is not getting water. From similar posts on cyclone 4200's, I am assuming there might be a cut off valve under a cabinet but I have not seen. I was going to pull refer out to check the water in rear but the refer is attached with a bracket to the slide out. Not sure on how to unattach that either. Any help would be greatly appreciated cause it's a 4 hour drive back to the dealer

jimtoo

Re: ATF: Road Warrior - Ice maker water line

Hi Shawn730,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with an answer for you. But to start, I suggest you pull the panel that is in the storage behind the water connections and look for a clear plastic line coming off PEX line with a shutoff valve on it.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Shawn730,

There should be a cutoff valve for sure. You're looking for 1/4" poly line teed into a 1/2" pex line. The pex line is normally blue. The cutoff is right where the poly line is teed into the pex line.

Locations vary. Try looking in the kitchen, inside cabinets, under the sink, behind drawers next to the sink. As Jim mentioned, it can also be located behind the basement pass-through storage wall, on the other side of the outside water connections.

Before you open the valve, keep in mind that on most floorplans, the refrigerator is in a slideout and the 1/4" poly line is routed under the slideout floor. If so, it's exposed to outside air. If outside temps get below freezing and there's water in the line, the line will be damaged.

If you do open the valve, you'll need to evacuate the water from the line before temps drop.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Do you have a island with a sink in it?? If you do, the water line comes from there and the shut off valve is under the sink somewhere. Maybe hidden behind a wood panel. Call HL service with your VIN# and they should be able to tell you where it is. Seems your dealer did not do a good PDI and show you how everything works.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Your welcome. That's what we do here....is help HL owners with question's and answer's.

OldTanker

Be aware that a frequent source of water leaks into your rig are from icemaker lines. I have a very expensive repair starting next week because of one. I won't be having the water line replaced and will do without the icemaker in the future.