Big Horn 3655RL

mike

Mike
Big Horn 3655RD

My wife an i are looking at purchasing this model, can anyone give me any good or bad info and also we are new to rv'in what do others see as a good deal?

Thks
Mike

Last edited:
We looked at both the 3655 and the 3600. We really like the rear den because it gives you more of a home feeling with 3 separate areas. The 3600 does have a lot of kitchen counter space while counter space on the 3655 is rather limited. When I pointed this out to my wife, she reminded me that when I retire she is too, so lack of kitchen counter space should not be a problem. I like that the galley area on the 3655 is not on the slide-out, as on the 3600. You can get to the fridge without opening a slide on both abd both have separate desk and entertainment centers instead of a slide out tray. This would allow me to have an electric fireplace on without toasting my knees. While both of these models are in the same basic box, we both liked the looks and feel of the 3655 rear den.
What we really-really liked was that so many things that are extra options on comparable brands come standard on the BigHorn. We have been looking for that perfect fifth wheel with everything we wanted in it but wouldn't kill the truck or the budget -- but that doesn't exist. The BigHorn comes close.

Last edited:

mike

Mike
Lamplighter,

Thanks for the reply, looks like we may have bought a 3655rd as of Friday. Thinke we got a o.k. deal and bought it of the dealers lot hope to have it in place be next weekend...

MPL

Hi, were looking at buying a new 5th wheel! these brands you mention are 38 and 39 ft. do think their would be a problem manovering around in camp grounds and RV parks and cornering. We are looking at the 3055 33ft and another brand that is 40ft. I'm conerned about the length I've heard that some parks have 38 ft limits! we belong to Colorado River and their parks will accomdate up to 40ft.

phranc

mike said:
Lamplighter,

Thanks for the reply, looks like we may have bought a 3655rd as of Friday. Thinke we got a o.k. deal and bought it of the dealers lot hope to have it in place be next weekend...

MPL
Congrats Mike.I'm sure you will have many happy years ahead of you..:)

phranc

coyote... I'm sure you will have a few places that you may not be able to get into ,same as we have here in the east, but, I have never found this to be a problem ,at least one that cannot be solved by calling ahead and reserving or talking to reservation clerk and explaining that you need a 'big rig site'. My 3600 rl is 38 feet and I have never found a problem in traffic or in town making corners.I have had no problems in RV parks either. I do keep a sharp eye out for low branches as you would with any rig. The interior space of a 3655 or 3600 is just outstanding. We find the additional length to be a non-issue

Dusty

I tow a 3500rl and it is 37 feelt long and i havent had any issues with it being too long yet. of course I am sure there are some camp grounds with sites that are too short, but so far I have always managed.

Dusty

Brian & Tam

42 Years of Married Bliss
CA camp sites

I think you will find that most of the CA state campgrounds will be too small for you. Get yourself a good campground guide and do the research ahead of time. If you can get the campground website you can usually look at their pictures and see what type of RV's they can handle...

Good camping to you...